Front of House Receptionist Apprentice Clifton Road Surgery
A great opportunity has arisen within a busy doctors surgery, where they require a Front of House Receptionist Apprentice to join their team. They are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is wanting a career within this sector.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
During this COVID19 pandemic the ways in which we work have been adapted. At this stage we cannot say how long these adaptions will remain in place.
Due to the restrictions this has on patients entering the building, this role will include answering the intercom when patients arrive, checking their temperature and ensuring they remain in their allocated seating. This role will also include taking turns to man the temporary reception point currently in place. Please note, at this point in time, we are not seeing known COVID patients at the Surgery.
Once the pandemic is over the duties are likely to revert back to:
- Greet all patients on arrival whilst on the front reception desk
- Answer the telephone and deal with or re-direct enquiries
- Handle general enquiries, referring where necessary
- Make new and follow-up appointments
- Register new patients, following Practice Policy (advise new patient appointment needed with Health Care Assistant and provide patient with the relevant paperwork)
- Record requests for home visits on the computer system and extract relevant paperwork
- Charge patients the appropriate amount for private work, providing a receipt to the patient and recording the charge in the Petty Cash Book
- Receive all deliveries and notify the relevant recipient immediately, any refrigerated items must be dealt with and urgently refrigerated. Any patient specimens must be refrigerated and, if necessary, the nurse team notified.
- Check email account and prescription box for repeat prescription requests
- File prescriptions in prescription box once signed by the doctor
- Open, date stamp, sort and scan all incoming post on a daily basis.
- File the post and any other relevant documents in the administration tray.
- Each morning, undertake the opening up procedures/protocol, check heating and ventilation and ensure fire doors are unlocked
- Each evening, leave the reception area tidy and ready for incoming colleagues
- Ensure the waiting and clinical rooms are tidy
- Ensure information regarding unsolved or urgent problems are passed on
- Complete the start of day and end of day checklists when working an early or late shift i.e. turning off PC’s, printers and lights etc.,
- Ensure that all windows are shut and lock up the premises securely
- Undertake any other duties as agreed with the Practice
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Line Manager or Practice Manager.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services
The post-holder will:
- Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate
This job description may need to be reviewed or revised from time to time as the Practice develops.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- Good Time management
- Strong IT skills
- Good work ethic,
- Well presented.
- GCSE A-C maths and English or Equivalent
- This could lead to a full time position upon completetion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- APPLICANTS CANNOT BE A PATIENT OF THIS PRACTICE.
About the employer
The doctors and staff at Clifton road surgery are proud to offer the highest standard of patient centred healthcare. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes, and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check ups.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Standard
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.