Apprentice Receptionist/Medical Administrator Taverham Partnership
An exciting opportunity to join The Taverham Partnership as an Apprentice Receptionist/Medical Administrator. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures in line with local and national guidance.
Closing date: 19 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the administrative functions of the Practice, across the departmental areas of reception and IT/administration and will also contribute to front of house activities, working as part of the reception team in managing patient workflow via on-line access, face to face and telephone contact. You will be required to work in a professional and efficient manner paying particular attention to detail in the accurate delivery of the duties assigned.
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations, and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional. Taking messages and passing on information
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stocking of consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required; loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Support the Admin team in preparing and clearing rooms for clinical and business meetings.
- Undertake delegated duties as directed by the Lead Patient Co-ordinator.
Any other reasonable tasks delegated by the Reception/Practice Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Able to speak to people on the phone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in own working area and others
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The successful candidate will be dealing with confidential information and must understand the need for discretion at all times
- Good general standard of education (4 x GCSEs or equivalent at Grade D/3 or above including English and maths)
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 3 in Business Administration Apprenticeship within the 18-month contract of employment
- Potential full time employment on completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
General Practice (GP) surgery providing care to the population of Taverham. We also operate Bacon Road Medical Centre in Norwich. Across the 2 practices we have 13,000 patients. At Taverham we have a team of 10 clinical staff, 10 Patient Co-ordinators, supported by a team of secretaries, administrators and management.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins firstname.lastname@example.org
The eighteen month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator
- City and Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills maths
- City and Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills English
This Apprenticeship standard will also include an end point assessment which entails the following:
- Project/Improvement Presentation
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based Interview
This Apprenticeship will also include monthly day release to our Training centre based in Mattishall.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.