Apprentice Business Administrator ECO INSTALLER AND SERVICE LIMITED
Eco Installer & Service are looking to attract two enthusiastic and motivated individuals to learn and develop their skills within Business Administration.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To support the Operations Manager with administrative duties to ensure projects are delivered within the agreed quality, timeframe and cost
- Answering external telephone calls and forwarding messages to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Assists with administrative support for projects in collaboration with team members and internal departments such as raising Purchase Orders
- Assists with the preparation and completion of regulatory compliance paperwork
- Assists with customers queries about MCS process and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Ensuring delivery schedules with suppliers and contractors
- Take new enquiries from customers and enter details into a CRM
- Invoice customers and take payments over the telephone
- Ordering materials for jobs when required
- Organising returns of faulty items (non-conformities)
- Ensuring work dates with customers and subcontractors are confirmed
- Create heat loss calculations from plans
- Create hot water and heat pump calculations for all heat losses
- Help compile handover pack and send to the customer
- Compile a pack to send off to request underfloor heating designs
- Create a folder, site folder, Trello card, Dropbox folder, etc. for new projects
- Create radiator schedules
- Collate and store job sheets
- Monitor shared email accounts and escalate these when appropriate
- Provide technical support within the office to members of staff with computers, printers, etc.
- Any other duties at the request of the Operations Manager
- Create, implement and monitor the business Sales and Project KPIs and insure workflow procedures are followed across the teams
- CRM maintenance – update, review and maintain customer data. Ensure workflow procedures are followed across the teams
- Document storage, upload approximately 300 project documents to our online storage. Name, date and collate the documents and create a “register” to assist with locating information moving forward
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisation skills to work effectively
- Good communication skills to keep stakeholders informed
- Ability to prioritise workload and resolve problems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel
- Confident and driven to work well under pressure to support project manager with all project related activities
- Polite, respectful and articulate manner with team members and customers
- Ability to represent Eco Installer professionally and positively to customers
- Ability to confidently answer the telephone
- Respectful to others
- Act with Integrity
- Confident and driven individual who works well under pressure and is keen to learn and develop their skills within Project Administration
Minimum of 3 GCSEs including English and Maths (or equivalent) grades A*-C/ 9-4.
A permanent position is available for the successful apprentice with opportunities to progress within the expanding business.
Things to consider
Eco Installer & Service Ltd is based on Common Road near to Witchford on Sedgeway Business Park. It is a rural location near to Ely with a limited bus service that stops at Witchford.
The successful applicant will have a passion for being organised and interested in Project Administration tasks. We also have a friendly office dog who is part of the team.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Local Renewable Energy, Plumbing and Heating Professionals, Eco Installer, provide plumbing, heating, renewable energy and ventilation services in Cambridgeshire and beyond.
From our low-carbon office and showroom in Witchford near Ely, we serve our growing clientele of environmentally and economically aware customers. We provide plumbing, heating and renewable energy services, (including emergency callouts when possible), throughout Cambridgeshire and in neighbouring areas in East Anglia.
Our team includes heating and plumbing professionals with extensive knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical engineering, renewable energy and technical consulting services. This combined skillset allows us to develop systems that cater for the needs of traditional, modern, and state-of-the-art environments.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
The employer will provide close mentoring and shadowing, including off the job training as part of the Apprenticeship.
The apprentice would be assigned an assessor through the College, who would typically come out to visit in the workplace to assess workplace competence.
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administrator
- Business Administrator - Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2 (exemptions apply)
First week induction:
- Policies and procedures
- Organisation Mission and Values
Other workplace training:
- Relevant regulations and policies
Training delivered via college:
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Ethical Issues in the workplace
- Technology use in business
- Understanding business stakeholders
Day release/ online study to CRC.
The knowledge side would be provided via an online portal VLE (Virtual Learning Environment), and assignments/ evidence of work/ portfolio would be checked via an online Smart Assessor.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.