Apprentice Receptionist/Medical Administrator Feltwell Surgery
An exciting opportunity to join Feltwell Surgery in Feltwell, Thetford, Norfolk as an Apprentice Receptionist/Medical Administrator. The successful applicant will undertake a wide variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the surgery and prepare them for future employment.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful applicant will be required to work as a key member of our staff on a variety of administrative tasks. The role will require the ability to work in a team but also to be disciplined and motivated whilst working on your own after appropriate training. The role will allow you to gain experience in all administration (non-managerial) of a surgery.
Duties will include:
To provide general administrative support for the Practice, including the following:
- Scanning incoming mail, circulating as appropriate and adding information to patient records
- Maintaining the filing and administrative systems
- Producing patient letters
- Support the rest of the administration team
To provide a courteous and efficient reception service to patients, carers and visitors within the Practice ensuring:
- Patients access the primary care services they require in a timely fashion
- Visitors sign in and out and the member of staff they are seeing are advised of their arrival
- The tidiness of the waiting room and the safety of its inhabitants
- Queries are answered or passed to an appropriate member of staff in a timely fashion
To provide general assistance and administration to the Practice clinical and leadership teams, including:
- Accurately updating patient records using System-One
- Taking action as requested by Doctors and the nursing team
- Phoning patients to arrange/rearrange appointments and/or confirm test results
- Supporting the provision of a seamless co-ordinated multidisciplinary service through good communication
And any other tasks/duties as requested by the Partners, Practice Manager or Reception Supervisor.
Requirements and prospects
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Attention to detail/accuracy
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel
• Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
• Understand the importance of confidentiality
• Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
• Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
• Well-presented and approachable
• Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
• Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in own working area and others
• Team player and good interpersonal skills
• Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Positive attitude
- Good general standard of education Mathematics and English qualifications GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR predicted English GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR equivalent
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 3 Apprenticeship within the 18-month contract of employment
- Potential employment on completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Is the surgery on a bus route? Would you have accessibility issues?
- The successful candidate must adhere to and understand the importance of Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures that are in place at Feltwell Surgery.
About the employer
The Doctors and staff at Feltwell Surgery are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare to its 5335 patients who live in Feltwell and the surrounding area.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma,diabetes and offer a wide range of medical services including minor urgery, minor illness, childhood vaccinations and contraception clinics.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins firstname.lastname@example.org
he eighteen month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator
- City & Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- City & Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills English
This Apprenticeship standard will also include an end point assessment which entails the following:
- Project/Improvement Presentation
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio based Interview
This Apprenticeship will be also include monthly day release to our Training centre based in Mattishall.
Level 3 (A level)