Assistant Accounting Apprentice Cert Tax Accounting
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone keen to start a career in Accounting. Certax Accounting are looking for passionate individuals who are keen to learn and develop within a growing business. The successful candidate will gain exposure and learn from a friendly and experienced Accountancy team based in Harpenden.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Aug 2022
17 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
Bookkeeping and VAT:
- Learning System such as Receipt bank and Xero, for purchase ledger and sales ledger of clients
- Bookkeeping including bank reconciliation and matching invoices
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Preparing Vat returns for submission to HMRC and for review of the senior accountant
Year-end Business Accounts objectives:
- Preparing accounts to trial balance for different structures such as sole traders and limited companies, including the working files for review of the senior accountant
- Understanding of tax-deductible expenses and how to treat costs
- Understanding accounting treatment of sales and costs, including assets
- Understanding how director loan accounts work for limited companies
Personal tax objectives:
- Understanding of how personal tax works
- Self-assessments preparations for review of the senior accountant
Other office duties:
- Making sure we have Milk, Coffee, Sugar, Tea Bags and Toilet Roll and bottled water. (Paid through Petty Cash) If you need to go and buy these always make sure you get a receipt
- Keeping the office tidy
- Answering the phone
- Chatting to clients when they arrive and offering a drink
- Networking at least once a month promoting the business
- There may be other tasks which may be required to support the business
Requirements and prospects
- Think outside the box
- Potential to pick up the technical side both through studying and on the practical side
- Desire to have a successful career in finance, can at least stay with us for 2-3 years and grow with the business
- Candidate who can be a team player
- Comfortable to interact with clients/understands good customer service
- Diligent with a good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage your own workload
- Show desire
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English
- A full-time role is on offer for the successful apprentice. We want to see you take a step up and lead others as soon as you are able
- We will also support post AAT with a chartered accountancy qualification for the right candidate
- Hard work will be rewarded which includes salary increases if milestones and targets are met
Things to consider
This is a fast-tracked, advanced Level 3 Assistnat Accountant apprenticeship. Some self-study in the workplace will be required = 20% of your weekly working hours.
Holidays will be accrued based on 22 days plus bank holidays, holidays will be restricted at month end and personal tax year end i.e. January
Safeguarding, Prevent and Equal Opportunities:
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
About the employer
At Certax Accounting Ltd (St Albans District) we continue to build a strong reputation for providing a market leading first-class service by offering excellent advice to our business and personal clients alike. We are Qualified Chartered Management Accountants Tax Advisors who have excellent adaptable skills and vast experience of assisting businesses across a wide range of industries.
Our Managing Director has a strong accounting and commercial finance background. He has held senior roles at organisations within the Banking, Financial Services, IT, Construction and Retail sectors.
Our key strengths and skills cover a wide range of expertise from general accountancy, tax and management consultancy.
Our aim is to obtain a comprehensive understanding of our clients circumstances, organisation and the industry they operate in. Equipped with this knowledge, we then become an integral part of our clients operations by delivering high-quality advice and essential solutions which save money and help businesses grow. We help guide our clients to a better future.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Kevin Lowe 07984 962865 email@example.com
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard.
This is an apprenticeship, designed as an entry level role into the accountancy profession, and can lead into a variety of careers with supporting professional qualifications. The role is applicable to a wide range of employers across the sector in both large and small firms and in industry, practice and public sector.
As such the assessment plan needs to have the flexibility to cater for these different operating models, support structures and commercial requirements. The end-point assessment has 2 components which have been designed to be completed once the apprentice has finished the on-programme learner journey demonstrated in the appendix.
Both components will need to be passed in order for the apprentice to be awarded the apprenticeship. Apprentices will be expected to complete:
- A synoptic end-test covering the knowledge and skills gained throughout the on-programme stage and detailed in the standard
- A portfolio and reflective discussion which will comprise a range of evidence produced in the workplace to show that the apprentice has met the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed in the standard. The reflective discussion will be a structured interview to examine this evidence and the learner journey in more detail
Apprentices can therefore expect to be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, evidence produced in the workplace and recorded interview, therefore comprehensively examining the work they have completed.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.