Apprentice Administrative Assistant CAREAID LIMITED
To provide an efficient administrative service, within budgetary constraints, all relevant legislation, the seven principles of conduct, and the policies and procedures of the Careaid Limited. To undertake all Office administrative duties including the coordination of Clients staff schedules as directed by the Staff.
Closing date: 26 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
16 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
To upload data and maintain an excel database, to respond to enquiries, arrange appointments and process paperwork in line with service and department procedures. Whenever available, be the first point of contact for visitors, always adopting a professional and welcoming manner.
- To update client information and maintain staff and client support schedules
- To answer the telephone promptly and deal with enquiries in a helpful, courteous and welcoming manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding staff and service users. Dealing directly with enquiries or ensuring that messages are passed to the appropriate person
- To record information on the office computer system and Care Management System
- To keep the office filling systems up to date
- To identify clients service needs on the rosters and book staff to complete the Work
- To assist with the recruitment process and the associated correspondence
- To attend and minute staff meetings when requested
- To promote Careaid and its work in the community, and in all areas of its operation
- To assist the Care Manager and other senior staff with a wide range of administrative processes and functions
- To enter starters, leavers, changes and sickness on office computer system and Care Management system
- To communicate clearly with other staff, peers, managers, NHS, Local Authority, and all other agencies and interested parties
- To participate in staff training activities
- To participation in staff supervision and personal development review
- To undertake any other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post
Health and Safety:
As an employee of Careaid Limited, the post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to:
Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the organisation, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
The post holder must at all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the company’s CQC accreditation. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on a computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclose data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is by not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective Communication Skills
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner that is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, with such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
- GCSEs / A Levels in English and maths or equivalents
- Full-time position available on the successful completion of the apprenticeship, this will depend on performance and business needs at the time
Things to consider
- DBS will be carried-out for successful candidates
About the employer
Careaid is Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered domiciliary care agency based in London. Careaid aims to deliver excellent home care service to help and improve quality of life for the individuals who need care.
Careaid ensures that all staff members have gone through Enhanced DBS (formally called CRB) check, satisfactory reference check and well trained. Also our team consists of fully committed people who always go extra mile for your care, share our passion for care and committed to provide highest possible quality service for you.
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Waltham Forest College
Nelson Dean 02085018074 Nelson.Dean@waltham.ac.uk
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.