Apprentice Customer Advisor HOME REPAIR NETWORK LIMITED
You will love a challenge, problem solving, working hard and smartly to deliver the best possible outcome. It is part of you to provide the best service and excel with building customer rapport.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
15 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Flexible, hardworking, fun loving, you are the kind of person who communicates effectively, can adapt to any situation you face and demonstrate good negotiation skills.
Experience in a previous claims handling role would be an advantage but is not essential, this role would also suit those who have previously worked in a fast-paced customer service organisation. Overall, it is your practical, helpful and professional nature that matters most.
What you will be doing (your duties will not be limited to the below):
- Working with customer, clients, and colleagues to manage all aspects of the customer’s journey. To do this you will communicate via telephone and email. You will need to deliver accurate and conscise information and will need to listen carefully to the responses given as you will need to record this information on the company systems. Attention to detail is a very important part of this role
- You will liaise between departments and also with external contractors about the status of a claim and will need to keep your customers updated as required
- You will provide support, take ownership to drive the claim forward meeting every element of customer need. Each call offers a new challenge to overcome for many different personalities. The basis of the role consisting of call handling and administration tasks
You will need to:
- Be a team player
- Always do the right thing
- Keep our customers at the heart of every action you take
- Be responsible to own & provide resolution
- Keep calm in pressurised situations
- Show understanding
- Be proactive in your approach to all elements of the role
- Embrace the unknown & show entrepreneurial spirit
- Manage the customer’s journey
These skills will most benefit you in the role:
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Excellent time keeping & the ability to prioritise
- Excellent & accurate data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately
- Use of all Microsoft Office Programs
- Resourcefulness to obtain successful outcomes
- A willingness to help people
- Previous property claims handling experience
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of PC components
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Understanding of telephone system features
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2016/Office 365
- Good verbal and numerical ability
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team Player and must be able to work unsupervised
- Flexible approach to change, solution-focused, works well to deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
About Home Repair Network Limited.
Not your usual claim repair solution we like to think we bring something different to the 9-5. In our home, we provide a place which brings out your very best, every day. One team who together, works hard, enjoys the day, high fives inspiration and delivers an exceptional customer journey.
Delivering a service to be proud of:
Excellent customer service is in our foundations, it is who we are and what we believe in, joining part of our friendly team, encouraged, and supported, you will deliver a service unequalled by others and celebrated by insurers and customers.
When customers call our contact centre about a home insurance claim, it will be you that they speak to throughout a range of circumstances. Our customer service representatives are friendly and attentive with a can-do attitude and the greatest empathy to help all customers in every situation, some of which could be distressing. We work with colleagues across our client & trade networks to return the customer’s house back to their home once more.
HRNL are proud our customer service stands out from the rest; therefore, you will take pride in treating everyone individually, providing a solution to a query and always work to the highest quality standards.
HOME REPAIR NETWORK LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.