Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant WELFARE HEALTHCARE (UK) LTD
Welfare Pharmacy in Derby City Centre is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. You will work towards a Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Nov 2021
13 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties will include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving, and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing, and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques, and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Be able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and show initiative
- They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- They will be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- The ideal candidate will also understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customers
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Welfare pharmacy is a local community pharmacy at Friar Gate, Derby. They offer wide range of services and facilities for you and your family. With their caring and dedicated healthcare professional team, they aim to provide a high standard of customer service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.