Apprentice Front of House Administrator Sherburn House
Sherburn House Charity are looking for a hardworking and determined individual to join their team. The successful candidate will work towards a Business Administration Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Oct 2021
12 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Providing a focal point for visitors and telephone enquirers, promoting a positive image and customer service approach
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with queries promptly and taking messages for the Manager and Senior Care team as well as Ramsey House, as and when needed
- Postal duties / post collection / post records entry log etc.
- Word processing of letters and reports as and when necessary
- Arranging corporate hospitality / event organisation and planning, as required
- Sending emails
- Ordering back office supplies - as required
- Updating and displaying Health & Safety and other necessary associated notices and disseminating memos and other staff communications
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues
- Provide cover in Ramsey House Reception as and when needed
- Responsible for ensuring the administration of the home runs smoothly and effectively, assisting the Care Home Manager and Senior Care Team in all aspects of the home's administration
- Diary management- arranging/amending hospital/dental appointments and ambulances/transport for residents ensuring they receive the health care they require
- Set up and maintain an efficient and tidy filing system for all Home related paperwork as well as staff training files and computerised/database systems
- Assist the care team to keep resident’s care plans up to date
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Always present yourself in a manner which reflects positively on Sherburn House Charity
- Respect the confidentiality of Residents, Trustees and Staff and comply with the confidentiality policy
- To carry out any other reasonable requests made
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of duties or responsibilities, and may be added to from time to time, but indicates the main functions of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to use own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook
- Smart, tidy and professional appearance
- Approachable and friendly
- Positive attitude
- Confident and outgoing
- To follow policies, procedures, risk assessments and health & safety guidelines at all times
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
- GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent in English and maths
- Willing to undergo additional internal training as required
The Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship is a great way to pursue a career in business admin, with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications and eventually chartered status.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Beddell House Care Home
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.