Customer Service Apprentice BULLDOG-SPORTS LTD
Bulldog Sports are looking for an apprentice in Customer Service to join their hardworking team located in Wallsend. The successful candidate will be able to work from their own initiative and be comfortable and confident when communicating with others as a first point of contact.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
11 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Learning to apply a range of skills in order to provide an excellent level of customer service across a variety of platforms, including but not exclusively, Phone, E-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Customer Relationship Management tools and Face to Face, for all branches of the business (Currently USA Sports, G2 Esports and Best of British Hockey Camps) along with some basic administrative duties
- Learning to work effectively as part of a team as well as on own initiative, developing excellent communication skills
- Learning to deal with all queries in an effective and efficient way
- Learning how to apply different customer service personality traits to different brands and expanding upon these personalities
- Learning how to accurately maintain records, both manual and computerised
- Learning all aspects of the business to better understand the impacts of each are of the business and both their impact on customer service and customers services impact on the whole business
- Working at events including some sales and some administrative work
Requirements and prospects
- Four GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Maths or be able to demonstrate that skills and knowledge have been developed
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to delivering focused customer services
- The ability to take ownership of tasks and work accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- An enthusiastic and positive approach
- The ability to deal with a range of situations and respond to customers’ needs
- Good IT skills with some familiarity of Microsoft Office
- Good Communicator
- Positive and determined attitude
- Hard working and committed
- Open minded and willing to learn
- Ambition and hunger to do something great
- Ability to work under pressure whilst working well with others
Eligible candidates will have a minimum grade C/4 or above in maths and English or Functional Skills equivalent also accepted.
Full time Customer Service or possible progression into other areas of the business.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start dates are all subject to change.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than the qualification they already hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or a lower level as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at a preceding level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if your application has been progressed to the next stage, you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team to complete a telephone interview so please expect to receive a call from us. This is a mandatory part of the recruitment process with Northern Skills Group.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bulldog is a face paced hybrid retailer supporting multiple brands.
Usasports.co.uk is our main in-house brand which operates a hybrid online / event retail experience. We also are also the official distributor for G2 Esports team, the second biggest E-sports team in Europe.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 2 Customer Service
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.