Administration Support Apprentice Keswick Care Limited
This is a great opportunity to be part of a strong, supportive and friendly team who look after each other as well as the young people in our care. You will be given every opportunity to grow and develop as a professional, including gaining qualifications. Our ideal candidate would be someone keen to learn new skills in administration and HR.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As our Admin Support Apprentice you will meet and greet a variety of people coming into our offices, both clients and people wishing to register, so a friendly and welcoming approach is a necessity.
Job Purpose: To provide administration support and to work with colleagues to deliver a comprehensive service.
- To provide administrative assistance to HR and Home Managers when required
- To be the first point of contact for any queries from across the organisation and to be able to answer these or pass them to the relevant person in a timely and professional manner
- To support with note/minute taking for any employee relations issues or employee meetings as necessary
- To ensure that accurate employee records are kept at all times
- To assist with photocopying and collation of material
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving the contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company
- To support the HR Manager and Operations Manager with organising and booking training and venues, liaising with suppliers and dealing with enquiries relating to training records or courses
- To add training to eLearning accounts
- To keep all staff training records up to date at all times and ensure 121/appraisal records are logged
- Accurately inputting and updating the relevant data onto the HR database
- To action leavers and administration of exit interviews
- To action starters and administration of safer recruitment from point of advert
- Assist HR manager as needed with job descriptions/person specifications; shortlisting; interview questions; ensure interview panel have completed safer recruitment training; establish 2 references in advance of interviews; enhanced DBS clearance etc.
- To assist with the recruitment process from new employees first day of employment
- Do you like Social Media? If you do then this is another plus as we are expanding our Social Media network and you can help with this and it could become an important part of your role
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work for the requirements of the business.
Requirements and prospects
If you have the following you could be a perfect match:
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Smart appearance
- Ability to be flexible
- A friendly approach and a smile
Grades 4-9 (C-A*) in Maths and English (or the equivalent).
Possibility of permanent employment following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please consider how you intend to get to and from the place of work, if successful.
A full DBS check may be required if successful.
About the employer
Keswick Care is a family-run organisation dedicated to giving young people the very best care they could wish for.
We own three highly rated homes in Barnsley and Wakefield, where our highly experienced team provide a safe, trusting, warm and happy environment.
We are proud to say that all or our homes our rated Good by Ofsted.
Our focus is allowing young people to let go of the burdens of the past to grow into a healthier more stable young adulthood.
Total Training Provision
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total Training Provision
Michelle Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Full training in a variety of essential skills, working towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.