Apprentice Payroll Administrator Whittingham Riddell
An exciting opportunity has arisen, for a proactive individual looking to secure a career in payroll, to join a large Accountancy practice with office locations throughout the UK. If you possess a flair for mathematics and have a willingness to learn, we would like to hear from you!
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
09 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are now recruiting Payroll Apprentices to join our busy payroll teams in both our Northwich and Shrewsbury offices. If you have recently left college or sixth form and are looking to start your career our Payroll Apprenticeship could be perfect for you!
You will gain practical experience in a busy payroll bureau working with a broad range of clients whilst studying for a level 3 apprenticeship in Payroll Administration (CIPP Accredited).
The role involves the following:
- Assisting with the processing of payrolls for a variety of clients
- Processing new starters, leavers, tax information, holiday calculations, sickness absences and contractual changes, maternity / adoption and paternity calculations
- Checking payroll results for errors
- Understanding payroll calculations to effectively deduct tax and NI from employee/client payslips
- Supporting the Payroll Manager to meet deadlines and submit payroll forms on time
- General administration duties
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent understanding of microsoft platforms such as; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- An understanding of Outlook and Office 365
- Good at calculating data on spreadsheets
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A willingness to learn
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must include A* - C (Level 4 - 9) or equivalent functional skill in Maths & English
- The opportunity to progress onto a Level 5 qualification
- The potential to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Fantastic work environment
- An employer fully supportive of apprenticeships and professional development
- Over 120 years experience within the accoutancy industry
- Free onsite car parking
- Excellent employee perks and packages
About the employer
We are a firm of dedicated Accountants, Business Advisers & Tax Specialists, fully committed to enhancing and protecting our clients’ financial position. We have been helping people and businesses succeed for over 120 years.
This has only been possible by adopting a forward-thinking and dynamic approach as an organisation. That way, we can help you to respond to any challenges and capitalise on opportunities as they present themselves.
Our people are what make our business special. We are determined to see our clients thrive, we are passionate about the results, and WR Partners can always be trusted to deliver.
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by EMA Training
Abbygail Maddison 07384 548 571 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Payroll Administrator standard is delivered in two elements; the CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) knowledge units and work based projects designed by the provider, to meet employer needs.
The knowledge units outlined below are delivered via the CIPP online learning platform:
- National Insurance
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Statutory Parental Leave
- Statutory Deductions
You will complete a knowledge check at the end of each unit, which will test your skills.
The projects issued by the provider are as follows:
- Business and Customer Awareness
- Payroll (Core)
- Payroll (Pensions for payroll)
- Payroll (Technical)
- Regulation and Compliance
- Systems and Processes
The last three months of the qualification will entail completing the following as part of the End Point Assessment:
- Role Simulation
- Professional Discussion
Upon completion of the End Point Assessment (EPA), the candidate will be awarded the Level 3 Payroll Technician certificate.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.