Apprentice Claims Technician ONE BROKER (NORWICH) LTD
We have a vacancy to join our team and gain experience of working in the insurance industry in a friendly and supportive environment. This role is a support function, completing important tasks that enable and assist our team to continue to provide a first class service to our clients.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Oct 2021
08 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are an Insurance Broker providing a professional service to commercial and private clients alike.
You will need to have an excellent telephone manner and demonstrate a flexible, people orientated approach to everything you do. You will need to be determined, focused and organised in your approach to resolving claims on behalf of the client. In return, you can expect full training in a friendly and support environment.
This is a real opportunity to gain an insight in to the claims process and study for an industry recognised qualification as part of your new role.
Duties will include:
- To provide full support and take responsibility for day-to-day administration within the Claims Team
- Be responsible for gaining information from clients and insurers alike
- Maintain a diary list ensuring that all tasks are completed and information is chased up on a regular basis
- To update and maintain the company IT system as required and ensure all FCA procedures are followed
- To use your customer service skills to ensure you offer a professional, friendly and helpful service when speaking to clients and colleagues
- To develop your knowledge through training and experience to be able to take on more technical aspects
- Field incoming phone calls and emails to the business, identify which calls can be resolved, and which need to be passed on to a colleague or Senior member of the team
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both over the telephone and in writing
- Planning, organisational and time-management skills and the ability to prioritise own work load
- Good attention to detail with accurate data entry and typing skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Willingly provides help and support for others
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The opportunity to develop your career and continue your studies to gain further industry recognised qualifications.
About the employer
Insurance Broker for commercial and personal lines clients.
We offer a service to businesses and private clients, evaluating their insurance needs and reviewing the most appropriate policies available across a wide panel of insurers to ensure the client gets the best cover in place for the best price. In addition we provide a claims service so that in the event of a claim, the client notifies us and we handle the claim on their behalf.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Edge
Calvin Goodson 01603 577962 email@example.com
Level 3 Insurance Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Certificate in Insurance (CII)
The programme will consist of the following:
- Learning and development programme that includes the CertCII (typically IF1, IF2 & I10)
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Fortnightly workshops for each IF exam from our CII approved trainer
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.