Apprentice Commis Chefs Flat Cap Hotels Ltd
We are looking to recruit hard-working and efficient Apprentice commis chefs to prepare meal ingredients for the chef de partie and assist with various kitchen duties. As a Commis Chefs you will be required to work under the supervision of Chef de Parties in our commercial kitchens to expand your culinary knowledge and skills.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Storing food preparation and ingredients correctly and ensuring stock rotation
- Following company HACCAP procedures and recording correctly where applicable
- Following company health and safety procedures set out in the Employee Handbook
- Following Employee Handbook rules
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that workstations are properly sanitised.
- Following specification sheets and recipes set by the Head Chef
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions.
Requirements and prospects
- Good work ethic and attention to detail.
- Organisational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work under pressure
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Excellent Timekeeping.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Always presentable and maintains a professional manner at all times in and around the property
No formal qualifications are needed
Full time position, for the right candidate after successful completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
We are the home of Cheshire Staycations and Incredible Spaces to Enjoy Legendary Food & Drink!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625 410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Qualification
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.