Sales Support Apprentice (Financial Services) Slyk Life Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this established team. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated apprentice to join their professional and dedicated business. This is a fantastic opportunity to move into Financial Services taking advantage of the apprenticeship development program.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will focus on supporting the financial sales team and will involve dealing with current and potential clients over the phone, performing administration for clients both pre- and post-sale, combined with general office duties.
Both a good telephone manner and confidence speaking with people on the phone is essential. Being able to communicate with customers in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner is crucial.
Duties will include:
- Supporting customers both pre- and post-sale with administration, telephone support and managing client data using the CRM database software
- The apprentice will be involved in all aspects of administration of the business; postal duties, scanning documents, learning to use the CRM database, managing client data, chasing sale progress with providers, and keeping customers informed of progress of their case
- Much time will be spent on the phone calling customers that we have lost contact with to resurrect communication and establish their current needs
- As skills and knowledge develop there will also be an opportunity to learn the full sales support role, gathering information from clients in digital format as part of the pre-sales process and sales diary management
- The apprentice will need to have a superb phone manner and confidence to speak to current clients and prospective clients on the phone. They would need to be courteous and helpful as most of the clients will be aged 55 plus and have certain expectations
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong level of English skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Excel
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Able to use own initiative
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to follow process to be compliant
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
For the right candidate there could be a full-time role on the completion of the Apprenticeship. The firm are keen to help develop and progress the individual to become a valued member of the team long term.
Things to consider
Please note you may be asked to complete suitability assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted to discuss your application and arrange a telephone interview if you meet our initial shortlisting criteria.
Please ensure you check your phone/emails (including Spam / Junk) regularly in order for this to take place.
Failure to contact us back if correspondence is missed will result in your application being deemed unsuccessful.
Please ensure you check your application for spelling / grammar errors and correct them prior to submitting as attention to detail is very important and may affect the outcome of your application.
Your application may be shared with training providers and employers as follows:
About the employer
Slyk Life Limited operates within the Better Retirement Group (BRG) network; business owner Steve Hunt and circa 15 other qualified advisors operate within this network and all have their own business ‘units’ that are regulated through BRG. Slyk Life Limited is a small team of professionals (4) who focus on Final Salary Transfers.
BRG has been advising individual clients and workplace pension schemes on all aspects of pensions and retirement options for over 25 years. We also advise on other areas of personal wealth including investments, wills, lasting powers of attorney as well as equity release and lifetime mortgages.
We have earned a reputation for providing honest, impartial advice and cost-effective financial advice to all clients no matter the size of their financial wealth. In 2020 we launched My Pension Toolbox which is a web-based solution where people can read and learn about their pension options, watch, and listen to videos and podcasts and use our unique annuity and drawdown calculators and charts.
BRG is frequently quoted in the national press, and we regularly appear on radio, podcasts, and videos. Our senior management team and financial advisers are fully qualified financial advisers with many years’ experience.
NICHOLAS ASSOCIATES GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nicholas Associates
Georgia Marlow 07540 716312 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Financial Services Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The Financial Services Administrator apprenticeship is ideal for learners beginning an entry level role in the financial sector
As an entry level role, this apprenticeship provides the foundation knowledge, skills, and experience for progression along a number of career paths. The qualified apprentice will be prepared for advancement to positions including senior administrator, mortgage adviser and financial adviser roles
Key Learning Outcomes:
- A broad understanding of the financial services sector
- An understanding of the role of the appropriate regulatory bodies
- The importance of relationship building with clients and colleagues
- Understanding of processes and procedures relevant to the role
- How to develop commercial awareness
- Building skills and capabilities within an organisation
Completion of RO1 will provide a solid foundation for the learner and can lead on to progression to study in other areas.
To help prepare the apprentice for the professional qualification, Apprentices are provided with Simply Academy’s qualification resource package, alongside a structured study plan supported by a series of live revision sessions with our qualified tutors.
The Apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme. Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to become competent in the role.
- At the end of the training the apprentice will be a qualified account manager and well on the way to either a paraplanning role or a fully qualified advisor
- The apprentice will be encouraged to learn and study for either relevant mainstream qualifications or specific industry qualifications from either the Chartered Insurance Institute or the Personal Finance Society
Financial services administrator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.