Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship emh group
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work within a very busy customer service environment at emh homes, based in Jubilee House, Coalville. The apprentice will play an important team role in delivering front line customer services using a variety of methods such as; multi-media channels, telephone, email, web, text phone and SMS.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work within a very busy customer service environment at emh homes, based in Jubilee House, Coalville.
The apprentice will play an important team role in delivering front line customer services using a variety of methods such as; multi-media channels, telephone, email, web, text phone and SMS.
Full training will be provided in all areas of customer service and this apprenticeship will suit someone who is confident and enjoys dealing with the public.
Duties to include:
- To employ a high standard of customer care and excellence in all customer contacts, internal and external
- To provide administrative support as required and undertake administrative duties as requested
- Handle all multi media queries, and resolve them promptly in a helpful, respectful and courteous manner
- Providing a tailored service for our diverse customer base
- Interpret repair queries and respond within set guidelines including instructions to contractors
- Tenant arrears – sending standard letters as generated by our system in accordance with Income management policy
- Providing advice, including welfare benefits, updating our records, liaising with relevant officers and making appropriate agreements to repay
- Deal with lettings queries as appropriate for the Local Authority Region
- To keep accurate records of involvement and action taken and to ensure that all records, computerised and manual are kept up to date
- To contribute positively to the CSC team to ensure effective operation of the CSC, which also includes the Customer Experience Team
- To communicate/liaise with other departments, offices and external bodies to ensure the efficient, professional and effective provision of services
- Promptly refer calls that cannot be dealt with to the appropriate member of staff. Maintain regular and effective liaison with group based staff
- To undertake administrative duties as requested. Examples would include, word processing, data input, post, photocopying, faxing and stationery management
The customer service department gives an insight into all areas of the business and the opportunity to deal with a wide range of customers from all different backgrounds. The apprentice will develop a multitude of skills around customer service, including soft skills like listening, empathy, questioning and understanding, and also gain experience using different systems.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer care and telephone skills
- Deal effectively with people
- Committed to delivering excellent customer services
- Well organised
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good time management
- Good typing skills
- Accurate record keeping
Candidates must be computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft packages including Word and Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- The successful candidate must be able to work as part of a busy team demonstrating flexibility and ability to work on your own initiative
- Candidates must be hardworking, reliable and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- We are looking for a creative, confident and enthusiastic person that thrives in a fast paced and busy environment
- Commitment to your own personal development and completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service
Grade 4 or above in GCSE maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
It is expected that upon completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to progress further within the organisation onto a suitable pathway.
Things to consider
It is important that the successful candidate is able to respect the confidential nature of personal information and privacy.
This is an office and home working based job role, however on occasions you may be required to go out to visit schemes with colleagues.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
EMH Group is an independent, profit-for-purpose organisation and is one of the largest providers of affordable homes and care and support services in the East Midlands.
We have more than 20,000 properties in more than 40 local authority areas across the region, and we provide care and support to hundreds more customers.
We have specialised in developing homes in rural communities and in providing a housing, care and support service to people with care needs and learning disabilities.
Our vision is to be the best social housing and care business in the country, leading the market as service provider and employer.
A job with us is challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. We offer a friendly, open environment and encourage professional development and continuous learning among all our employees.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship Works 01922 651100 email@example.com
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- Internal relevant training courses as required for the job
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.