Service Desk Apprentice Quostar Solutions Limited
To provide excellent customer service to resolve reactive, client facing Service Desk tickets, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on premise, in QuoStar’s cloud environment and within public cloud services.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
27 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- Communicate with clients, end users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues
- Utilise QuoStar's internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role
- Complete coursework and learning in own time in line with achieving QuoStar training academy milestones
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar's ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions
- Share your learnings, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards
- To become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal
- A strong interest in IT/computing
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Strong Time management
- Problem Solving
- Proven track record of learning/passing exams
- Is looking to take the first steps on a career in IT
- Wants to continually improve themselves through learning in their own time and completing industry standard certifications
Who embodies the QuoStar core values:
- Can Do
- Take Ownership
- Focused on the Detail
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4/C or above including maths, English and either IT or science
- Ideally, you will have either a minimum of two A levels (or equivalent)
- Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
The initial apprenticeship period is 16 months, at the end of which the successful candidate will progress onto the next phase of the QuoStar Training Academy.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
QuoStar is a UK top-20 ranked IT support and consultancy provider, supporting manufacturing and professional services firms in London, Hampshire and beyond.
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Firebrand Training Ips Ltd
Firebrand offers a unique Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
During your 16 month IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry-recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Learning Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 16 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognized qualifications (if applicable to the standard), a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.