Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice Xcel Aerospace Ltd
The apprentice will be working within a small team doing day to day tasks to manufacture products to specifications using techniques such as CNC and conventional machining, bench fitting, fabrication and inspection processes. The successful applicants will be expected to adhere to Health and Safety regulations at all times.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
24 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Once full training has been given in each department the apprentices will be expected to:
To perform the following tasks prior to commencing production operation:
- Check drawing number and issue status is correct to work order
- Check that clear instructions are available to you
- Check materials and parts are correctly identified and, where applicable, within shelf life, GRN recorded on W/O parts list
- Ensure all previous operations are correctly endorsed and stamped to verify conformity; and report an deviations to the above checks to the cell leader.
- To perform the following tasks during manufacture
- Ensure all operations are completed as planned
- Ensure the first off inspection is carried out and the route card is endorsed at each applicable operation
- Check that all products within the batch conforms to the requirements of the operation; and segregate any non-conforming product and report it to your cell leader
- To perform the following tasks on completion of the operation
- To WIP record on paragon and sign off own work, record your name and the quantity of parts produced on the route card to verify compliance to drawing and work instructions; and segregate any non-conforming product and report it to your supervisor
- To liaise with all other departments as required to ensure smooth and efficient progress of all sales requirements
- To ensure compliance with relevant Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality, performance, policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Complete the mandatory study units at the required level
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A high degree of accuracy and quality is paramount
- Professional approach to work and studies
- Clean and tidy work ethic
- Able to work within tolerances
- Minimum of A-C / 7- 4 GCSE in maths, English and science or equivalent.
- Previous engineering qualifications (Level Two in Mechanical Engineering) would be preferable but not essential
To continue onto an advanced apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
With over 35 years’ experience, XCEL Aerospace is a leader in delivering manufacturing excellence within the global aerospace market. Our strong reputation as a world class supplier of manufactured aerospace components supports thousands of flight hours every year.
New City College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New City College
Sarah Clayton 01708 455011 email@example.com
This apprenticeship is delivered as a day release at our campus in Rainham, Essex. You will be required to attend college on a weekly basis.
- Level 2 Engineering Operative
- Behaviour, Skills and Knowledge
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.