Customer Service Apprentice STUART HALL & CO LIMITED
An apprentice is required to work as part of the Payroll/Administration team within our head office. Duties will include answering the phone and meeting clients as they enter the office. The role will also include setting up new client files, processing payroll including dealing with HMRC and pension companies, and admin duties within the office.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Dealing with clients as they enter the office
- Answering calls and directing these through the office appropriately
- Managing a portfolio of client payroll schemes
- Dealing with HMRC and Companies House
- Ensure Auto Enrolment Pensions are adhered to
- Dealing with daily post/filing
- Ensuring new client procedures are followed
- Digitisation of client folders
- Any other administrative duties needed within the office
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service & friendly approach
- Experience with Microsoft Office/Word/Excel
- Organisational Skills
- Team working
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both face to face and on the phone.
- Well presented
- Hard working
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade 9-4 / A*-C including maths and English would be essential. A Levels would be an advantage but not essential
- A permanent position as Receptionist/Admin Assistant/Payroll Assistant
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Stuart Hall & Co is an accountancy practice with a difference.
Established by Stuart in 2009, the business has grown strategically due both to its well-deserved reputation of providing the best service for the client and nurturing staff through our internal training programmes.
Within our team of 15 all of the staff are passionate and dedicated to offering excellent customer service. We believe that accountancy is about more than just adding up numbers. We have offices in Bishop Auckland, Stockton and Newton St Boswells (Scotland) and this role will be based at Bishop Auckland.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.