Administration Apprentice McGill Chartered Accountants Ltd
You will learn all aspects of secretarial work together with administrative aspects of working in a professional accountancy practice. You will learn how to type letters, compose professional e-mails, manage client deadlines, take minutes of meetings & general office duties.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 36.15
Possible start date
09 Aug 2021
21 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will learn all aspects of secretarial work together with administrative aspects of working in a professional accountancy practice.
You will learn how to:
- Type letters
- Compose professional e-mails
- Manage client deadlines
- Take minutes of meetings
- General office duties
- You will also have the opportunity to undertake a project to improve an office process/es, you will then be able to train others in this new process
Requirements and prospects
- Essential: Computer literate and numerate
- Desirable: Use of Microsoft office
- Essential: Ability to work as part of a team, professional approach and well presented
- Desirable: Uses initiative, hard-working & self-motivated
- Essential: GCSE English & maths grade 4/C or equivalent or above
- Desirable: IT qualifications
The successful candidate may be offered a full time permanent position on the successful completion of the apprenticeship period.
Things to consider
Our busiest times of the year are December and January. During these times you will not be authorised to take holiday and may be expected to work overtime.
You will receive 24 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays.
About the employer
McGills is the largest Chartered Accountancy practice in Cirencester with an additional office in Malmesbury. We provide a variety of services to clients, including the preparation of statutory year end accounts, the completion of personal tax returns & payroll services. Our clients are both individuals and business from many different sectors, many are based in and around Cirencester and Malmesbury.
McGills is based in beautiful historical newly refurbished offices in the heart of Cirencester. McGills staff benefit from free staff parking. McGills is a friendly & supportive environment albeit a busy office. You will have the opportunity to meet a variety of people and get involved with a variety of different aspects in the practice.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cirencester College
Nikki Woodcock 01285 626256 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Each apprentice will be allocated a Coach to support ongoing learning and preparation for EPA. In addition Progress Reviews will take place regularly to ensure the apprentice is on track.
End Point Assessment
The three EPA assessment methods are:
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio-based Interview
- Project Presentation
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.