Apprentice Chef Vanilla In All Seasons
We currently have an opportunity for a Apprentice Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a committed individual with a love of food. We also offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. The role will involve training across several sites, including our central production kitchen.
Closing date: 16 Nov 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
18 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a committed individual with a love of food. We also offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. The role will involve training across several sites, including our central production kitchen. At our central production kitchen we prepare all savoury and dessert items for the events, and also all desserts for our fire pit pub – The Waggon & Horses.
They will experience restaurant style service at The Waggon & Horses, and event service at our prestigious venues around Cheshire, Staffordshire, and Derbyshire. Transport will be provided to our event venues, and travel time paid from our Congleton sites.
We aim to train you in all areas of the kitchen. With a view to offering long term employment in a fast-paced, fresh food environment with a genuine work life balance, and opportunities to progress through the company.
- To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act
- Compliance to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations
- The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the chef in charge, whilst complying to the food safety act, portion control and presentation standards
- Ensure the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the chef in charge
- Monitor and record temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries as directed by the chef in charge
- Ensure that assured safe catering principals are followed at all times encompassing legal requirements of the Food Safety Act
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy adopting a “clean as you go” policy
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded)
- Ensure that decanting methods and fridge discipline are strictly adhered to
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the chef in charge
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied with, with emphasis on safety and security
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of food and cooking
- Excellent customer services skills
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to follow instruction and work on your own initiative
- Basic Food Hygiene and Basic Health and Safety Certificate
- Good communication
- Keen to learn
No formal qualifications are required.
Full time position for the right candidate after successful completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Hours negotiable, but all hours worked to meet national minimum wage and not an apprentice rate.
- 28 days holiday pro rota, including bank holidays.
- Meals on shift
- Support towards NVQ qualifications and external COSSH, health and safety, first aid etc.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Vanilla in Allseasons team are passionate about providing genuine, caring and flexible hospitality. Our aim is to combine excellent food with fantastic service. As a bespoke caterer we aim to provide you and your guests with a wonderful menu that truly reflects who you are – served by a genuine, polite and friendly team.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625 410000 email@example.com
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- Functional Skills if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.