Apprentice Engineer with Windsor Materials Handling (Southampton) Windsor Materials Handling (Hull) Limited
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an Apprenticeship in Engineering. Windsor Materials Handling are looking for a Lift Truck Apprentice to join their team and work upon a variety of Materials Handling equipment.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
18 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The apprentice will be trained to be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all Windsor Materials Handling Fleet and Equipment, from pallet trucks to tractor trailer units within the depot. From time to time, the apprentice will work with their assigned mentor at customer premises.
The key duties will include:
- Preparing vehicles/equipment for rental/purchase
- Regularly maintaining vehicles/equipment in line with maintenance schedules and updating records
- Responding in a timely fashion to break down calls
- Accurate stock control using computerised systems
- Working as a team in order to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
The Apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor, who will support them throughout the programme. The training for the Apprenticeship will be on and off the job, whereby the apprentice will be working towards a Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.
The duration is 3 years and on successful completion, Windsor Materials Handling will continue to support apprentices that show willing and have the aptitude. We’re looking for applicants that have an interest in the field of mechanics, experience is advantageous however not essential. It is important that candidates who apply are motivated, hardworking and reliable.
This is a really great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the sector and we look forward to hearing from candidates interested in this position.
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will have a good problem-solving ability
- Willing to work as part of a team as well as using their own initiative
- You will need to be honest, enthusiastic and motivated
- Have a keen interest in the area
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
- For the right candidate there will be the opportunity for progression and a career within the organisation
Things to consider
- You will need to help out with basic housekeeping duties
About the employer
The name Windsor has been synonymous with materials handling and access systems since 1977, providing a first class range of forklift hire, sales and maintenance services.
Windsor has 13 sites in the UK.
The company is committed to providing a quality service to its customers and believes this can only be achieved by employing the right people in the business and training to a high standard. As a Windsor employee, you will have a chance to progress in the company, be rewarded with good benefits and have the opportunity to attend various training courses with the company.
F-TEC FORKLIFT TRAINING ENGINEERING CENTRE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by F-TEC FORKLIFT TRAINING ENGINEERING CENTRE LTD
Katherine Roberts 01793 686182 Katherine.Roberts@f-tec.org.uk
Level 3 Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The off the job training will take place at F-TEC Training centre in Swindon and this will be on a block release basis. As an apprentice you will travel on a Sunday evening and return on the Friday afternoon. This will be 5 weeks per year.
Whilst you are staying away from home, you will not have to pay for anything. As you’ll have your own room with dinner, bed and breakfast included, paid for at a 3-star hotel, that has a gym and pool, F-TEC will provide a lunch while with them.
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.