Receptionist Apprentice Lady Smith Care Home
An exciting opportunity to undertake reception duties and support with administration within a high quality facility care home for the elderly. You will be working in a welcoming environment alongside the reception team and care staff delivering residential, dementia and respite care.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
17 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Dutiew will include:
- To handle incoming calls to the service, taking detailed and accurate messages and relaying them promptly to the appropriate person
- To welcome visitors in a professional and courteous manner and promptly ensure that the appropriate person is informed of their arrival, (arranging refreshments as required)
- To provide an effective, timely and confidential administration support to staff and managers as required
- To ensure that relevant records and documents are kept up to date and are stored securely and confidentially at all times
- To take receipt of deliveries and distribute accordingly
- To ensure that all post deliveries are forwarded to appropriate staff and that outgoing post is accurately weighed and stamped in readiness for posting at the end of the day
- To maintain the reception / office area so that it presents a tidy professional image of the service
- To manage and maintain the electronic door intercom system
- To assist with the administration and co-ordination for referrals, assessments, admission and reviews
- To ensure that identification is seen and verified for all visitors to the site
- To carry out any other reasonable and relevant duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, with a flexible approach to work in a busy, fast-paced environment
- The successful candidate will need to be a confident individual who has the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- You must have effective communication skills, verbal and written
- You will be required to work to tight deadlines, with good time management skills
- The successful candidate will be organised and have good attention to detail
- You must be IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- A hardworking individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to tasks and problems
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed within Administration
- Must be punctual
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C/4, or above (or equivalent) is desired
- A permanent position with the organisation upon completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate
Things to consider
- A full CRB clearance will be required
- Working hours will include working every other weekend Saturday and Sunday with two days off during the week
- Additional to the on-line application please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
- Please ensure that you provide a current email address and contact number to enable us to contact you upon receipt of your application to organise interviews
- Please note all applicants must apply through this website and must not contact the employer direct
- The employer must not be contacted by other providers or external organisations, all contacts are being monitored and will be reported to the ESFA
- This vacancy may close earlier than stated due to the high demand we are anticipating in response to the advert
- We will therefore close the vacancy should the employer receive an adequate number of applications
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Ladysmith Care Home is a purpose built 90 bed care facility. It is owned and operated by Knights Care Ltd, a family run business that has been in the care industry for many years.
Ladysmith Care Home provides residential care and dementia care, as well as respite care which can provide much needed relief for those caring for a family member at home.
Residents enjoy 24-hour care from the friendly and experienced staff who strive to meet the needs and wishes of every individual in a person-centred manner. Everyone benefits from state of the art facilities.
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will need to complete a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard and will include:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma for Customer Service Practitioners
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- English Level 1 - Speaking & Listening
- English Level 1 - Reading
- English Level 1 - Writing
- Mathematics Level 1
Unless apprentices have achieved their Level 2 English and maths, they will be required to take Level 2 English and/or maths and must study and take the test before the end-point assessment.
The candidate will be allocated an individual assessor with regular "on the job" visits with additional support available where required.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.