Hospitality Team Member Front of House Apprentice New Continental Hotel
As a Receptionist Apprentice you will be required to contribute to an overall exceptional customer service experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Aug 2021
17 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A Receptionist contributes to the first impressions of guests and, therefore, must perform all tasks to the highest standards, from check-in to check-out. You will receive uniform after 3 months, full membership to Club Continental and meals on duty as well as full training and support in a friendly environment.
Duties to include, but not be limited to:
- To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform as required
- To ensure all guests “check-in/out” to the standard set
- Dealing with minor complaints
- Answering general telephone calls and taking messages for all guests & departments
- Taking & amending reservations
- Filing reservations taken on your shift
- Cash Handling, Balancing & Petty Cash
- Hand-over to next shift to be done to the standard required
- To be informative to the best of your ability to all the hotel guests
- To be vigilant to all persons in the hotel, especially within the main entrance
- Liaising with other departments and informing these departments of any necessary information
- To be fully aware of the Health & Safety, and Fire Procedures in place at the hotel & act upon when necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient level of IT
- Math and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to deliver a high level of customer service
- Highly presentable
- Hard working
There are no set qualifications to become an apprentice, but it helps to have GCSEs (A*- C/9-4) in maths and English, or equivalent, as this could exempt you from further training in these subjects.
Our last apprentice was taken on as a full time receptionist.
About the employer
Situated in the heart of Britain’s Ocean City and easily accessible; we offer an unbeatable location and the warmest of family welcomes. Surrounded by iconic architectural, cultural landmarks and Plymouth’s sensational attractions and events; the New Continental Hotel is in the perfect location to explore Britain's Ocean City.
Our Grade II listed, Victorian hotel is perfect for leisure guests, with a friendly yet professional service, offering you and your family and friends everything you need for your break away. For corporate travellers, our proximity to the City and transport links, plus ample on-site parking makes us the premier destination for convenience and service.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the employer themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Hospitality team member level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.