Business Administrator Apprentice MGS Medical Practice
As a receptionist you will welcome and direct patients to the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous and efficient manner. You will provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
13 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As a receptionist you will welcome and direct patients to the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous and efficient manner.
You will provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Duties will include:
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Help direct patients with no prior appointment to the correct team member/clinical appointment or services
- Explain practice arrangements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required
- Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits as per practice protocol, inform clinician/doctor on duty, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and checking if home visit message has been actioned by clinician/doctor
- Receive urgent results as they come in from the pathology department at the hospital, liaise with clinician on duty and contact patients with information
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, in line with practice protocol
- Take action on clinicians’ requests for further information/patient contact information, ensuring completion of all associated paperwork
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non-General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Prepare clinical rooms for surgeries, supply prescription forms and record numbers in use and ensure adequate supplies of consumables (including bottles, couch rolls, test request forms etc.)
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Make and serve refreshments for meetings, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff., including keeping notice boards up to date
- Process incoming and outgoing mail according to practice protocols and letters that need posting posted daily
- Record actions taken in patient records where appropriate or in accordance with practice protocols
Requirements and prospects
These skills are all essential:
- Microsoft Office literate
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
- Good numeracy skills
- Good communicator
- A demonstrable commitment to professional development
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Ability to use own judgment and resourcefulness
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative
- Grades A*-C/9-4 in English or equivalent
- Grades A*-D/9-3 in maths or equivalent
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the possibility of a full time position.
Things to consider
A DBS check will be carried out for this position. Due to the nature of the business, the applicant needs to be compassionate/sensitive and emphatic to a situation.
The practice is a busy site with lots of varied work and all staff expected to help and support each other.
About the employer
There are 3 MGS sites: MGS Medical Practice in Low Hill, Bradley Health Centre and Ruskin Road Surgery. We are part of Our Health Partnership and promote a healthy future for patients and practices, Our aim is to provide an effective and excellent service to all service users, who are registered to our practices and we were proud to receive an innovation award in November 2019. We host medical students from Aston University and continue to be a training hub for student nurses from Wolverhampton University.
MGS Medical Practice
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Wolverhampton College
Level 3 Business Administrator Standard.
During the Business Administrator apprenticeship, you will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to pass the End Point Assessment and to become a competent and successful administrator within the organisation.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.