Community Activator Coach Apprentice ABL HEALTH LIMITED
Your Health Your Way are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident individual to join their team.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
13 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assist our Healthy Lifestyle Advisors in delivering informative, engaging, and safe physical activity, healthy eating and weight management sessions (group and 1 to 1 sessions)
- Observe our Healthy Lifestyle Advisors working with adults and families to support, motivate and advise on behaviour change support in a holistic, personalised, positive, and encouraging manner
- Contribute to social media and website content as requested by Community Engagement Officers and Project Leads
- Understand the need to keep client files confidential (on both database, email and paper)
- Assist with calling and booking appointments for clients on the database and ensure that any data you input is accurate
- To use IT systems, including Excel and Word to exchange information, meeting platforms (such as Zoom, Skype and Microsoft Teams) and our in-house database for client communications
- Contribute to ongoing resource development with the Healthy Lifestyle Advisors and Specialist Leads
- Undertake and complete all mandatory e-learning modules and other organisational training
- Understand the benefits of physical activity and sport for individuals, families and communities, and know why adopting an active and healthy lifestyle is important
- Understand the role of the coach in developing effective motivational relationships, how to build rapport with customers and understand what good role models look like
- Understand the importance of accurate record keeping for monitoring and evaluation purposes; know about the tools available to help (e.g. Upshot, Views, Active Lives)
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that respond to customer feedback and encourage customers to develop a lifelong activity habit
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community which supports individuals on their behaviour change journey
- Encouraging customers to be regularly active both formally and informally within sports clubs or leisure facilities including open-space
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport
- Maintaining personal safety and wellbeing, as well as that of customers
Requirements and prospects
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Ability to understand the importance and need for confidentiality
- Positive, proactive and able to follow instructions with support
- Good communication skills; positive and welcoming communication style with all patients, health professionals and colleagues
- Build strong relationships; good team player happy to work as part of a team and work independently on own tasks
- Quality driven; you naturally seek high standards and actively seek to improve them. Value and remain open to new ideas and perspectives
The Community Activator Coach will model the following behaviours:
- Honesty, sincerity and integrity by doing the right thing at the right time
- A positive attitude to work, be approachable and model an active lifestyle
- A concern for customer's welfare and wellbeing
- Show a willingness to 'go the extra mile'
- Enthusiasm to work as a member of a team and also to use his or her own initiative when leading or planning activities
- Adaptable and confident in one's own ability
- Building meaningful and appropriate relationships
- A willingness to learn and a desire to contribute to their own continuing professional development
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
ABL was founded in 2009 by people who believed they could and should change the world!
As healthcare and education professionals, we had first-hand experience of public services that had failed people, people who needed them most and we believed that we could provide a different, more flexible approach. We wanted to combine our expertise and experiences of the social and economic problems that held people back and find a way to support and empower people to live healthier, better lives whatever their background.
We knew that if we put people at the heart of our services, stepped in their shoes and experienced life from their perspective then we could start to create a new approach to healthcare.
We started by taking our services out in to communities, by making them accessible and removing the traditional clinical surroundings and approach. We worked to make them engaging and responsive, constantly changing our approach and listening to the people and communities we were working with. We tried things, rejected them and tried again knowing that a truly responsive community healthcare system had to constantly question and adapt.
We came to understand that what worked best was a multi-disciplinary approach, that by creating a shared language with a range of professionals from varied backgrounds we could support the whole person within the context of their own lives and empower them to really make a difference within their community.
To this day we still feel this way and we are working not only to design and develop services that treat and support people who are experiencing health problems now, but are dreaming up and creating effective ways that we can educate and empower people to eliminate health issues in the future.
We still believe we can change the world.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Training to be provided: Community Activator Coach Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/community-activator-coach-v1-0
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required ) 18-month duration
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment
- Please refer to above link for more information
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.