Customer Service Practitioner Apprentice Dr Brain Lynch & Dr Maire Lynch & Dr Chantel Ratcliffe
The receptionist is required to work as part of a team. The work is varied and the majority of the jobs involve the computer as the Practice is fully computerised. The various areas are outlined below. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance at all times and we have a separate policy regarding this.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2021
05 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties / responsibilities to include:
- All enquiries must be dealt with efficiently with minimum waiting time for patients
- Appointments to be made on request, according to availability
- All patients attending the surgery for the various clinics must be checked in onto the computer
- Prescriptions, sick notes, letters, reports, etc. to be given out as requested - always checking the patient details
- Receive fees for non NHS claim forms and provision of receipt if required
- Receive incoming calls with minimum delay
- Be pleasant and courteous at all times
- Transfer calls to appropriate people within the surgery as necessary
- Requests for prescriptions received in person at the reception desk - full details required
- All completed prescriptions to be accurately filed awaiting collection
There are various administration jobs and each receptionist is responsible for a specific area of work.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literacy
- Polite manner
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Good telephone manner
- Approachable and friendly
- Willingness to learn and progress within the company
- Polite and well presented at all times
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C / 9-4 in English, maths, and ICT.
Development and progression within the company is a possibility for the right candidate.
About the employer
Situated deep in the heart of the finest part of old Batley, and as such part of the local conservation area, our building has been a surgery for over 100 years, expanding and adapting to changes in medicine and the increasing population of the town.
Batley itself is an old mill town, which was very wealthy at the turn of the century. The decline of the textile trade led to increasing unemployment and economic decline. Winning “City Challenge” funding in 1992 ensured much needed regeneration of this forgotten town.
We are situated next to The Mill Village, Batley, one of the UK’s biggest retail mills and are also 5 minutes walk from Batley train station which has links to Dewsbury, Leeds and beyond. We currently have 4 full-time doctors and a part-time nurse practitioner as well as our practice nurses and ancillary staff. Our team have regular clinics at both Grove House surgery and our branch surgery at Chickenley. Please see individual profiles to the left and appointments for further information.
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Business College
Kirsty Longley 01484 430433 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The successful candidate will undertake the Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard at level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English will also be required but this is dependent on GCSE results or equivalent
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.