Business Administration Apprenticeship Lingholme Health Centre
Lingholme Medical Centre are looking for an apprentice to assist with reception and administration duties, these will be a variety tasks listed below in the job description.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the senior administrator/practice manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Opening up/locking up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations, and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stocking of consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including Word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Dealing with clinical waste
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
GCSE (or equivalent) A*-D/9-3 grade in both English and Maths.
There is a future for the right candidate at this company.
About the employer
GPs look after the health of people in their local community and deal with a whole range of health problems. They also provide health education, offer advice on smoking and diet, run clinics, give vaccinations and carry out simple surgical operations. GPs usually work in practices as part of a team, which includes nurses, healthcare assistants, practice managers, receptionists and other staff. Practices also work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as health visitors, midwives, and social services.
Lingholme Health Centre
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
ELLA HUDSON 07944203292 ELLA@ASSETTRAINING.CO.UK
- L3 Business Administrator Standard
- End Point Assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.