Customer Service Apprentice Optimum Coatings Ltd
To work as part of a busy Customer Services Team. The role will involve unpacking & preparing orders for processing, inputting orders onto an in – house system, dealing with queries via phone & email, chasing orders & keeping customers updated on the progress of their orders, including advising of any delays.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Provide a 5 - star customer service experience.
- Accurately process orders from fax, phone, post and online orders.
- Keep customers updated on progress of orders.
- Liaise with internal departments and external suppliers to expedite orders in accordance with customer expectations.
- Deal with complaints and escalate issues in line with company policy.
- Working in a team to prioritise work coming into the department.
- Develop strong relationships with customers.
- Offer advice on products, pricing and expected lead times.
- Upsell & cross – sell from the company’s extensive product range.
- Liaise with Sales to handle new account requests.
- Update sales and despatch figures, passing to appropriate management.
- Participate in training and development.
- Maintain housekeeping and health and safety.
- Any other duties deemed fit to further the department & business.
Main Areas of Accountability
- Always maintain excellent business relationships with customers.
- Escalate any issues that may undermine the relationship with our customers.
- Understand customer expectations.
- Monitor the workflow, Incoming, outgoing, and work in progress. Ensure allocated tasks are completed.
- Pro-actively strive to reach/exceed targets.
- Actively support company policy and best practice in relation to our values.
- Maintain health and safety procedures.
- Recognise and take ownership of incidents within the workplace and take appropriate action.
Requirements and prospects
- Customer focused.
- Have a respectable phone & email etiquette.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of computer applications – Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Listening skills
- Influencing skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team.
- Positive, can – do attitude.
- Keen to learn & develop.
- Highly organised
- Ability to work in a multitask environment.
- Achieve targets set for the team.
4 GCSE’s at grades A*- D (9-4) including Maths and English (or equivalent).
Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to Interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment.
Previous Apprentices have gone on to become Customer Service Advisors. Our current Customer Service Team Leader & Sales Executive both began their career as apprentices at the business. Our Sales Executive was a previous winner of Apprentice of the year.
Things to consider
We are based on an Industrial Estate with car parking.
About the employer
Optimum RX Lens Specialists are one of the fastest growing independent manufacturers of spectacle lenses and lens coatings in the country. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with a high-quality lens coating service as well as the manufacture and supply of prescription lenses with excellent turnaround and customer satisfaction.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacViacr 01524 521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster & Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the Customer Service Apprenticeship Programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training Session here at Lancaster & Morecambe College. Functional Skills may be required.
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Functional skills if required
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.