Hospitality Customer Service Apprentice The Core (Swindon) Ltd
An exciting opportunity for a friendly and customer focused individual to join a health and nutrition bar based in Swindon as a Customer Service Apprentice.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2017
04 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity for a friendly and customer focused individual to join a health and nutrition bar based in Swindon as a Customer Service Apprentice. Preparing and serving various fresh food, smoothies and healthy snacks the successful candidate will learn about the various programmes available and how best to advise customers on their individual needs. A key aim of the role will be to retain and attract new customers.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact for customers when entering the business premises delivering excellent customer service standards
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Take orders from customers
- Maintain a good knowledge of the products and juice programmes that are available
- Be aware of new products or new offers available to the customers to communicate and upsell where appropriate
- Advise and recommend juices to the customers taking into account the customers preferences and individual needs
- Have a good knowledge of the fruits and vegetables that go into the juices as well as their qualities
- Preparing fruit and vegetables for various products as well as other meal items
- Making and serving good quality juices and hot drinks
- Handling money and taking payments at the till
- Assist with stock taking and orders as required
- General cleaning of the business premises - clearing tables, washing all equipment and cutlery etc
- Assist with daily opening and closing of the business tasks as required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including hygiene standards
- Other duties as required by the managers and team members.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Able to work independently when required
- Good attention to detail
- Good numeracy skills
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry or in a customer service role would be beneficial but full training will be provided.
- Friendly and warm attitude
- Energetic and bubbly personality
- Mature approach to work
- Cooperative and flexible
- Hard working
- Eager to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Genuine interest in Hospitality/ Customer Service and an active interest in a healthy lifestyle would be ideal.
- 5 GCSE, grades A*-C including English and Maths (or equivalent) is preferable.
- A Hospitality/ Customer Service or other relevant course would be useful but not essential.
About the employer
The Core (Swindon) Ltd
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Services to include Functional Skills in Maths and English.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Full in-house training provided.
LONGWATER ATA C.I.C.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LONGWATER ATA C.I.C.
Julie Tipping 01793 843128
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017