Teaching Assistant Apprentice Mendell Primary School
Working in a primary school as a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 21 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
22 Feb 2022
23 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Being involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understanding the Safeguarding and Behaviour Policy
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- Running a breakfast club, lunch time club & after school clubs on occasional days
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- Ambitious - hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
- Level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Pro-active willingness to work
- Innovative individual
- Always ensuring the children within school are put first
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This role could lead on to further employment after qualification has been completed.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Primary School based in Bromborough, Wirral.
Mendell Primary School
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
Rachel Pinch firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.