Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Munchkins Kindergarten
An Early Years Apprentice is required at our busy nursery in the market town of Spalding. The vacancy is working with children aged 3 months to 5 years. You will be supported within your apprenticeship with training at Riverside Training (Spalding) Ltd.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
22 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for someone who is passionate about giving children the best start in life.
We have an opening for an Early Years Apprentice in our nursery, working with babies and children aged up to 5 years old.
The right candidate must have a knowledge of child development and have a thirst to grow professionally.
Duties will include:
- To meet the aims and objectives of the nursery as set out in the nursery prospectus, policies and procedures and as communicated by the nursery management
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To be fully conversant and compliant with all nursery policies and procedures, particularly the fire drill and the medication procedures
- To work towards meeting the aims and objectives the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
- To keep up to date informative records for key children and to make these available for parents
- To plan suitable and stimulating activities, allowing for child led play and adapting schedules appropriately as circumstances demand
- Assist the manager with the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings as well as ensuring the security of the building and equipment
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of resources and ensure resources are used appropriately
- To meet the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times. This includes maintaining a secure environment by keeping all outside gates locked, the main entrance door shut and strictly adhering to the nursery’s admittance policy
- To keep room base, common areas and equipment clean
- Perform cleaning and washing duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate should be a good timekeeper
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to communicate with young children
- The successful applicant should be friendly
- Have patience for little ones
- Good grades in English and maths GCSE or equivalent
To gain your qualification as a qualified nursery assistant, with the possibility to progress to a full-time job, subject to interview.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Munchkins Kindergarten is a day nursery in the market town of Spalding, catering for children aged 3 months to 5 years and is open 51 weeks of the year from 07:30-18:00.
RIVERSIDE TRAINING (SPALDING) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside Training
Susan Bulbeck 01775710945 email@example.com
- Cache Level 2 Early Years Practitioner diploma
- Training for the apprenticeship standard and prep for EPA
- Functional skills as required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.