Apprentice Receptionist in The Bounces Road Surgery GP Surgery Bounces Road Practice
Customer Service / Reception/ Apprentice Bounces Rd Surgery. Admin tasks can be added in the duties at ad-hoc basis. Full training will be given.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This post includes reception & customer Service duties i.e.
- Handling the front reception desk
- Dealing with Patient’s queries
- Answering incoming calls & signpost them to right direction
- Open mail & distribute as appropriate
- Scan & file patient‘s Important documents on the clinical system
- Performing all ad-hoc duties given by seniors
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team working skills
- Personal motivation
- Good time keeping
- Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Personal motivation
- Quick learner, hardworking, able to take initiative and enthusiastic towards their job and organisation
- Good team Member, easily manageable polite
GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths and English desired but not essential
Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting.
Things to consider
Can you get there within a reasonable time and cost?
Have you got the skills and qualities to deal with patients and communicate effectively?
Please note these dates should be used as a guideline only, should the right applicant be found the vacancy may close early.
About the employer
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JAG Training
Level 2 Customer service practitioner
You will have on the job training within the organisation and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Customer Service Practitioner Qualification. You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a receptionist at the Bounces Road Surgery. GP Practice.
The qualification will include:
- Business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- Customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- Communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- Presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- Using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor, and evaluate customer service levels
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills, and experience for providing customer service including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written communications.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent Assessor Trainers. The programme is a blended combination of on the job learning plus off the job, e-learning content, and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in speaking and listening skills or giving presentations as appropriate.
If the candidate has not achieved a GSCE Grade C or Level 4 in English and Maths, then they will also be required to pass.
Functional Skills maths Level 1/2
Functional Skills English Level 1/2
This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion, and observation.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.