Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Assistant WHITEHOUSE DAY NURSERY (NOTTS) LIMITED
Joining an existing, established team of Childcare Professionals, you will work with them to provide the very best childcare across all age groups, including 0-3 years, Pre-school, and Out of School provision. You’ll deliver engaging activities, reflecting the needs of the EYF curriculum, whilst meeting the needs of safeguarding requirements.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
09 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
About the Role:
Joining an existing, established team of Childcare Professionals, you will work with them to provide the very best childcare across all age groups, including 0-3 years, Pe-school, and Out of School provision. You’ll deliver engaging activities, reflecting the needs of the EYF curriculum, whilst meeting the needs of safeguarding requirements.
- To create a warm and welcoming environment
- An ability to use own initiative and share ideas and information
- A willingness to learn skills in identifying and meeting the children’s needs individually and within a group
- A willingness to learn skills in observation and recording
- Learn good knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage framework and how to put the document into practise
- The ability to work within a team, maintaining positive relationships and developing productive teamwork
- Listen to advice/constructive criticism from peers/management and act upon it
- An awareness of Health and Safety within the nursery and ability to report any hazards for the purpose of risk assessments
- Be supportive and diplomatic in your approach towards parents and children
- To attend occasional staff meetings outside of working hours (time for this will be compensated)
- A willingness to continue with training to aid both the nursery and your own personal development
- To be committed to completing relevant training
Requirements and prospects
You’ll need to have/be:
- References from previous employers
- Candidates to be able to work well within the team and demonstrate good communication skills with children and adults
- Be child-focused within the working environment
To be considered, you’ll be someone who...
- Holds a passion for education and educating our children
- Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
- Is articulate and friendly
- Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- Holds a passion for learning about childcare
- GCSE or equivalent – English and maths (Grade 4/C or above)
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
"A place that feels like home"
In 1988, in a cosy white house in the heart of West Bridgford, we set out to create a thoughtful day care facility, where eventually, our own children would learn and thrive. Thirty-two years later, and with the help of our fantastic team, we are still committed to helping Nottingham’s little minds grow – with oodles of creativity, curiosity, and adventure.
Our core team of staff have been with us for over 15 years, offering continuity, whilst blending this with fresh approaches from our newer team members.
The White House Day Nursery (and Out of School Club) in West Bridgford's town centre, provides award-winning childcare for children aged 0 to 8 years, from 7.30 am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves on our intuitive and individualistic approach to learning, that we've developed and nurtured throughout our 31 years of childcare.
Here are just SOME, of the nurseries Achievements....
- The first nursery in Nottinghamshire to be awarded the National Day Nurseries Association’s “Millie's Mark”, a special endorsement for childcare providers that go above and beyond the requirements set out by Ofsted
- 100% of our childcare team have current Paediatric First Aid Training
- 95% of our team hold a recognised Childcare Qualification, others are training towards one
- We have received 5 stars for Food Hygiene Standards from Rushcliffe Borough Council’s Environmental Health Department in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2020
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CT Skills
Lesley Bell email@example.com
- Level 3 Childcare - Early Years Educator
- Maths & English Functional Skills Level 2 - as required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.