Apprentice Vehicle Accident Repair Technician GEMINI ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRES LIMITED
Gemini Accident Repair Group are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for apprentice vehicle accident repair technicians to join their highly successful and growing organisation. They will learn skills in car body, paint, mechanical and electrical.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
11 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Gemini Accident Repair Group are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for apprenticeship candidates to start their career within their highly successful and growing organisation, as a Vehicle Accident Repair Technician Apprentice.
The Gemini Apprenticeship Programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment. A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage.
This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim - Candidates will learn strip and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems
- Panel-repair - Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair - Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing
The candidate will learn these through the following techniques:
- Application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing
In addition to the above techniques, the employer will also provide successful candidates with additional training to achieve industry qualifications in the following techniques, throughout the programme. British Standard Welding Certificate Refrigerant Handler Electric and Hybrid Repair Senior Accredited Assessment The post holder will also be required to complete any other tasks deemed by the line manager as appropriate in line with the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Computer literate
- Good team-working skills
- Due to the requirements of the role, candidates are required either hold, or be willing to work towards achieving a full clean driving licence
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for the automotive industry
- An enthusiasm to learn with an interest in development and progression
- A mature attitude
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to use own initiative
- Career minded
- Practically minded approach to problem solving
5 GCSE's at grade A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent) including maths, English essential. Science and ICT are desirable.
Potential of a permanent role within the organisation following successful completion and review of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Welcome to Gemini ARC. Established in July 2008, our experience in running highly efficient and professional bodyshops spans over 20 years. We understand how stressful having a motor accident can be, so our goal is to make the repair journey as painless as possible.
Gemini ARC has partnerships with most major insurance companies and vehicle manufacturers so we can demonstrate our commitment to quality through this challenging experience.
Visit any of our repair centres, where you will be greeted by our friendly receptionists and skilled estimators who can advise you on the correct route for your vehicles repair needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Advanced Accident Repair Technician Standard.
The programme lasts for 30 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
The first block is two weeks followed by individual one-week blocks. Residential accommodation will be provided if required for the candidates. Candidates will work towards achieving the Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard for the Automotive Bodyshop Industry at Level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. In addition to this, as part of the programme the employer is offering additional off the job training to achieve the following qualifications, in order to bring the candidate to the required skills level for Gemini ARC Multiskills Technicians.
The following additional qualifications will be included:
- British Standard Welding accreditation BS1140 & BS4872 covering the range of .5mm to 2.5mm material (to include IMI AOM009), MIG brazing, and achieve IMI
- AOM133 Bonding & Riveting
- EC842 Refrigerant Handling
- IMIAL L3 Electric & Hybrid Repair & Maintenance Senior Automotive Technician Accreditation
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.