Customer Service/Office Administrator Apprentice T. HOUGHTON LIMITED
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Customer Service Apprentice to join our team. Duties will include answering the telephones, replying to emails, general office duties.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
02 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- General office duties
- Answering telephones
- Replying to emails
- Spreadsheet work
- Placing orders with suppliers
- Checking of invoices
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and agreed processes, to set standards and timescales
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft packages
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Well presented and professional appearance
- Confident and friendly within a team environment
The entry qualifications for the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship are:
- Four GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 3 or above (old GCSE grade D or above) including English and maths or Functional Skills English and maths at Level 1 or above (or equivalent)
- Possible full-time position after completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- The right applicant, with previous administrator experience or level 2 qualification, may change over from Customer Service Level 2 to a Business Administrator Level 3 course
- Incomplete applications can lead to us being unable to process your application to the employer
Covid-19 regulations in the workplace:
- In the office, we have a temperature gun that we check temperatures of everybody at work when they come into work before entering the office
- Visitors must wear a mask and stay 2 metres away from the nearest desk
- Masks for office staff is not mandatory as there are only 3 in this area. Hand sanitizers and disinfectant are provided. If the applicant feels more comfortable in a mask, then that isn’t an issue
About the employer
Heating & Plumbing Engineers that mainly undertake installations for new build house builders in Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire.
Employs fourteen full-time plumbers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
Apprenticeships Team 01205 205524 firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner level 2 standard.
The apprenticeship consists of several elements which have been identified by employers as an appropriate set of skills to operate in their chosen job role.
These elements are:
- Maths - Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved
- English - Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved
- Vocational Element (Knowledge) - most apprenticeships include off-the-job study for a technical certificate which is usually done at college
- Vocational Element (Competence) - all apprenticeships include on-the-job training and assessment leading to a competence based vocational qualification
** On some apprenticeships, the knowledge and competence elements are combined into one qualification.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.