Oral Health Advanced Apprentice C Desai
A superb opportunity has arisen to train, learn and work towards become a fully qualified Dental Nurse at C Desai Dental practice, based on Niklaus Road, on the outskirts of Leicester.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
21 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
C Desai Dental practice is delighted to announce they have an opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to start a rewarding career in the industry. You will be provided with training and support, leading to a formally recognised qualification in dental nursing, which complies with the General Dental Council regulations.
The Apprentice Dental Nurse role will require you to support your colleagues in providing an excellent service to all of our patients.
Your duties would typically include the following:
- Assisting the dentist, chair side, during clinical procedures.
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile.
- Ensuring the best care and welfare of patients.
- Accurately completing patient clinical records as directed.
- Ensuring adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery.
- Ensuring computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
- Liaising with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
- It is essential that the successful candidate understands the importance of patient confidentiality.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be computer literate.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- It is essential that we recruit someone with strong people skills and who has the ability to empathise with our patients in any given situation.
- The successful candidate will also need to be smart and well presented, with a good sense of humour and have the drive and enthusiasm to become an excellent Dental Nurse.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualification) is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The advanced apprenticeship programme will require you to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- This is a 15 unit programme of which 11 units are portfolio based and assessed in the workplace.
- The remaining 4 units are theory based and delivered via eLearning through your assessor.
- The Apprentice may also be offered additional support to complete key skills if you haven't achieved a level 2 qualification in both Maths and English within the past 5 years.
- Alongside the structured training programme offered through the apprenticeship, C Desai will also provide you with a full induction programme and continuous mentoring and support from our experienced and qualified staff.
Health - Dental Nursing
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recuirtment Team 0116 2295526 Apprenticeships3@leicestercollege.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017