Level 3 Apprentice Support Workers INNOVA HOUSE HEALTH CARE LIMITED
Have you completed a level 2 qualification in health and social care and are now looking to expand your skills and knowledge by completing a level 3 apprenticeship? If so, then this rare opportunity could be just what you are looking for.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
13 Jan 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Manage your own workload and implement programmes of care in line with care plans and care needs
- Personal care and emotional support
- Be creative and innovative when supporting someone to realise their potential
- Accurate recording and reporting
- Value each person as a unique individual
- Communicate effectively with individuals, relatives, professional visitors to the home and other staff members
- Listen non-judgementally to people’s experiences
- Infection prevention and control
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment
- Identify and manage risks including moving and handling and safeguarding of vulnerable individuals
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and to provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
Requirements and prospects
- Courage to challenge areas of concern
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- A sound understanding of confidentiality
- Adaptable and discreet
- Treat individuals with dignity and respect
- Respectful of individual beliefs, culture, values and preferences
- GCSE Grades A to C 9/4 or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English.
- Care Certificate
- Level 2 health or adult care qualification
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Innova House is a group of 4 independent living facilities plus a main residential unit, based in very close proximity to each other, just on the outskirts of Mansfield Town Centre. They provide long and short-term residential care and also respite and day care to individuals who have challenging and complex behaviours, very often caused by illness or injury.
The philosophy at Innova House is to develop and promote independent living by nurturing and respecting the rights of people using the service, helping them to lead independent lifestyles.
One of your main roles will be to ensure that each service user is able to access the many nurturing and creative activities on offer, these may include making story books, music lessons, pet therapy, support in creating a cv, diet and meal planning, days out, drama, gardening and living and life skills
This is a demanding position but you will be supported by a workplace mentor and you will also receive regular visits from a specialist from West Notts College to help you achieve your level 3, Lead Adult Care Worker standard.
You will need to be an honest, caring and compassionate person who is committed to providing the highest levels of care and be conscientious in your practice.
INNOVA HOUSE HEALTH CARE LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship.
Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.