Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice Coven Pharmacy
Fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in science and an ability to learn fast to jump-start an exciting career in pharmacy. Are you looking to pursue a new career in Pharmacy where you can earn a salary whilst you learn and become qualified as a Medical professional?
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2021
07 Jan 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to think on the spot
- Have the desire to learn
- Computer skills
- The ability to work as a team
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- Honest & reliable
- Attitude of wanting to learn new skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
A successful apprenticeship will possibly lead to a full-time permanent contract.
About the employer
A community-based pharmacy with the vision to give our customers the best healthcare advice and an outstanding quality of service in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only). Sessions may be remote.
Full-time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.