Governance and Religious Education Administration Apprentice Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark Safeguarding Office
The apprentice will have a crucial role in facilitating the work of the Administration Team and will provide secretarial and administrative support where needed.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 28.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
21 Dec 2020
Level 3 (A level)
The apprentice will largely be based at the Education Commission offices but will also require the successful applicant to travel occasionally across the Diocese, which comprises the London local authorities south of the River Thames, the County of Kent and the Unitary Authority of Medway, in order to attend meetings and represent the Education Commission.
The apprentice will have a crucial role in facilitating the work of the Administration Team and will provide secretarial and administrative support where needed. This involves the coordination and implementation of office procedures, hospitality and frequently having responsibility for specific projects and tasks.
Typical responsibilities include:
- To provide administrative support for the Education Advisers and Officers within the areas of Governance and Religious Education
- To manage and update the database(s) related to the areas of Governance and Religious Education
- Arranging both in-house and external events in the Governance and Religious Education areas and other areas as needed, including hospitality for these events
- Booking rooms and conference facilities related to the Governance and Religious Education areas, including and working on the setting up and delivery of conferences and courses
- Word processing, audio and copy typing, letter writing, dealing with telephone and email enquiries, creating and maintaining filing systems, keeping diaries, monitoring milestones, arranging meetings and appointments and organising travel
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft 365, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases
- Devising and maintaining office systems related to the Governance and Religious Education areas
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes
- Liaising with staff in other areas and with external contacts
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- Experience with databases
- Evidence of an ability to manage time constraints well
- Knowledge of/or experience in education
- Evidence of initiative
- Successful minute taking experience
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication in English
- Evidence of excellent organisational skills
- Event organisation
- Very good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
- General secretarial skills of a high order
GCSE A-C/8-4 in maths and English or equivalent qualifications are required.
Potential to become a permanent memeber of the team - will be reviewed upon completon of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark are the second largest roman catholic diocese within the UK. The work carried out by the departments in which the apprentice will be based supports the religious mission of the church.
TRAIN TOGETHER LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Train Together Limited
Charlotte Budd firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsibilities of the administrator are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. You will receive a blended method of learning including tutor visits and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.