Professional Cookery Level 3 Apprenticeship SHREWSBURY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB P.L.C.
An exciting opportunity for 2 level 3 Apprentices to join the team at the Shrewsbury Town Football Club.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Dec 2017
19 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice will work towards the Level 3 qualification in Professional Cookery. The duties will include:
- Applicant needs to be able to run a sector ie larder, veg or sauce assisted by a commis chef
- Ideally should have 12-18 months experience which could have been gained during level 2 qualification
- Unloading stock and stock rotation
- Helping with the daily running of the kitchen
- Preparing cooking and presenting the food to the required standards
- Following health and safety guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who can take instruction with excellent listening skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy kitchen environment
The role will appeal to someone who is extremely passionate about becoming a chef.
The successful apprentice will have high levels of personal hygiene, be extremely reliable.
Good understanding of numeracy and literacy.
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above or equivalent in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
We have three different suites and six executive boxes allowing us to cater from 2-300 people, from a simple bar meal to an exquisite 6-course corporate banquet.
Our three main suites all differ in size so we are able to offer a working space to suit your exact needs.
We have a dedicated front-of-house team on hand throughout the day who have the knowledge to manage all types of events including weddings and our own team of experienced chefs who can provide a wide varied menu choice using locally sourced, quality foods.
We also have hospitality coordinators working every day to ensure your event is exactly to your specifications and runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Venue 1886 is situated just off the A5 with close links to the M54 and has over 600 free parking spaces right outside.
Every room has disabled access and free Wifi with visual aids available.
SHREWSBURY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB P.L.C.
Level 3 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship to include:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- (Professional Cookery) - QCF
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017