Childcare Apprenticeship Alphabet Day Nursery
Tops Day Nurseries in Boscombe are looking for a Childcare apprentice to complete their Level 2 qualification in Early Years Education. This is an exciting opportunity to complete an apprenticeship with a large nursery chain across the south coast.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Aug 2017
20 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are currently looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice to join us at Tops Day Nurseries to complete their Level 2 NVQ in Early Years Education.
This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large nursery group across the South West, who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care. Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating 17 nurseries and 9 play club across Dorset, Hampshire and Somerset, with nursery number 18 coming soon!
As part of this role, you will be working alongside other apprentices and practitioners to provide a high standard of childcare to all children within the nursery; you will help play a part in their emotional, behavioural and intellectual development - now isn’t that something to be excited about?
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in child care, where you will work alongside qualified and highly trained Childcare practitioners, learning from the best in how to support the care and development of children aged 0 to 5.
You will need to take this role seriously, as we are looking for someone that is eager to gain more responsibility throughout this apprenticeship and to progress through the business; many of our current Practitioners, Nursery Managers and Area Managers started with us as an apprentice! So, could you be our next Nursery Manager?
You must be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting old people)
- Taking children on trips out and assist on picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
The Benefits of working at Tops Day Nurseries
Here at Tops, employee care is very close to our heart and we treat our staff as though they are family - because they are! We have many benefits we offer our employees because we want them to feel appreciated and be looked after, these include:
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement (pro rata)
- Staff Welfare scheme
- Up to 40% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
- Great career progression
- Regular supervisions
- Continuous in-house and external training opportunities
- Uniform Provided
Requirements and prospects
- Good written & verbal English skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Committed to a career within Childcare
- Conscientious and able to use initiative whilst working
GCSE Grades A*-C in both English Language & Maths, or equivalent desirable but not essential.
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Childcare
- Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT
- Technical Certificates
Children and Young People's Workforce
ASPIRE TRAINING TEAM LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Training Team Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017