Business and Sales Administration Apprenticeship R & R Tools & Fixings Ltd
This apprenticeship vacancy provides a fantastic opportunity to work with a successful local business to really learn and develop a range of business skills. Your main duties will be handling stock, serving customers in the shop , and helping colleagues with the delivery of products and services.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
19 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We want someone to join our team who is willing to work hard and have fun doing it.
We are looking for someone with an interest in customer service and business administration so we can grow the online sales element of our business to reach more customers.
List of Main Duties:
Our job vacancy will include working in different parts of our business to help to build a comprehensive knowledge of our products and processes.
The main duties will include:
- Helping to maintain and develop our e-commerce business via our eBay shop:
- Ensuring products are listed accurately
- Listings are maintained and sales information is processed promptly
- Ensuring all pre and post sales administration on e-bay is completed
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure customer orders are satisfied
- Helping with our website:
- Maintenance of website content in relation to products and pricing
- Developing new website content
- Processing enquiries and sales made via the website
- Providing excellent administration support through a range of different activities including:
- Sales order processing
- Stock control and stock recording
- Inventory checks
- Order picking
- Dispatch recording
- Providing excellent levels of customer service to customers:
- Answering the telephone
- Taking orders
- Answering queries
- Dealing with customers face to face at our trade counter
- Working on our trade counter to help to deliver our service to customers
- Due to the nature of the business you will also be involved in the general maintenance of the stores area and shop floor
- Developing detailed product knowledge to help to deliver the required services to customers and colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise your own work and to support colleagues to meet customer needs
- Excellent IT skills including confident use of word and excel and the ability to learn and use our in-house system
- Familiarity with eBay shop processes and requirements
- Experience of website maintenance and possibly website design
- Good level of written English and everyday Maths
- Good verbal communication skills for dealing with customers and colleagues
- Able to work on their own initiative and independently when required
- Flexibility to move around different areas of the business to react and respond to workloads
- Comfortable working in a small team and the resilience to cope with some stressful workloads and timescales
- As we are a small but busy team – the ability to be flexible and learn quickly is important
- Confidence when dealing with colleagues, customers and the general public
GCSE (or equivalent) A*-C in English and Maths. An IT qualification would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
As an independent private company R& R Tools and Fixings established a reputation throughout the Southwest undertaking contracts for several major companies and Local Authorities. The company's success, was and remains attributable to a firm commitment to quality and service.
R & R Tools & Fixings Ltd
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- English Functional Skills
- Maths Functional Skills
- ICT Functional Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cirencester College
Levi O'Callaghan 01285 626259 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017