Receptionist/Administration Apprentice Dr Steve Joyner & Partners
Your role will include working in the reception area, greeting patients in a polite manner over the phone, as well as in person on arrival at the surgery. You will also undertake a variety of administrative tasks and be part of a dedicated, friendly, and committed team while you undertake the Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Oct 2021
13 Nov 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical day-to-day duties include:
- Handling patient appointment and medication requests in a polite and professional fashion
- Effectively and efficiently dealing with telephone messages
- Passing on the details of any patient concerns/complaints to the practice manager
- Processing information for members of the public wishing to become patients
- Ensuring that temporary patients/requests for immediate treatment are supported by the appropriate documentation
- Ensuring that prescriptions are only collected by authorised patients/family members/pharmacies
- Ensuring that patient samples delivered via reception are dealt with correctly
- Ensuring that other items delivered to the Practice are dealt with in the correct fashion
- Processing of both internal and external mail
- Learning how to audio type both referral and solicitor letters
- Maintain the tidiness of the reception area and waiting room
- Complete photocopying requests
- Accurate filing of patient notes
- Ensuring confidential information which is no longer required is disposed of in the correct manner, (adhering to Information Governance and the Data Protection Act)
Requirements and prospects
- A good eye for detail and accuracy
- Good organisational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- An ability to engage with a wide variety of individuals, both in person and over the telephone
- Strong IT capabilities, with existing competence to utilise Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
- A willingness to learn how to use the Clinical IT System, (SystmOne)
- An ability to deal with a wide variety of different administrative tasks
- A good standard of existing verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to handle written and numerical information
- A keen and enthusiastic interest in working in Primary Healthcare
- Confidence to work independently, without close supervision
- A professional telephone manner
- A mature attitude, helpful approach, with a willingness to work as a team member
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths.
Development and progression within the company is a possibility for the right candidate.
Things to consider
The candidate must be able to commit to completing an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship, whilst fulfilling the job role.
Candidates will be required to have an interview and complete assessments for English and Maths with the National Business College.
About the employer
Fieldhead Surgery is a busy 4 Partner GP Practice with over 8,000 patients in Golcar. Your role will include working in the reception area, greeting patients in a polite manner over the phone, as well as in person on arrival at the Surgery.
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Business College
Kirsty Longley 01484430433 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The successful candidate will undertake the Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard at level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English will also be required but this is dependent on GCSE results or equivalent.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.