Business Administration Apprentice Wilkinson Cowan Partnership Ltd
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, well organised individual who is keen to develop and grow their skills through a Business Administration Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
15 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a Business Administration Apprentice, your main responsibility will be to provide an efficient and effective general administration service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Answering / dealing with phone calls
- Producing routine documents
- Inputting data
- Maintaining filing systems, chasing information by phone and email and other duties associated with the Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Using basic Microsoft office applications – word / excel / outlook
- Attending building sites to view progress on site (after passing the CSCS test)
- Other office duties as required
12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of offering a permanent position if both parties desire.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Must be methodical and accurate, with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness to learn and take up new challenges
- The right candidate will be looking for a long term prospect with opportunity to progress and develop
A good standard of literacy and numeracy with GCSEs (or equivalent) A*-C in Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT Level 1 - If Functional Skills are required, the apprentice will need to attend weekly, booking in on one of the timetabled slots (am, pm or evening).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS The candidate will learn about Employment Rights and Responsibilities and apply Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This course is designed to enable students to gain qualifications to start a career as an administrator within an office environment. The qualification is credit based and allows flexibility to adapt to many different kinds of businesses choosing optional routes dependant on the job role.
The course will cover the following mandatory areas:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
You will then choose from a wide selection of optional units choosing from topics such as:
- Customer Relationships
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
- Using Email Applications
- Word, Spread sheet or PowerPoint Software
- Diary Management
- Administrative Support for meetings
- Greet and welcome visitors and many more
Progression Routes We offer courses from level 2 right through to Management qualifications at Level 7, supporting candidates through their professional development. throughout their Apprenticeship. Length of Course
The Apprenticeship lasts for a minimum of 12 months to ensure the candidate can demonstrate significant work experience alongside their professional qualifications.
The qualification will be delivered in the workplace with the assessor visiting once every 4 - 6 weeks.
Business and Administration
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Louise Corbett 01616315366 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017