IT Apprentice Civic Engineers Limited
Estio Training has an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join Civic Engineers in an exciting new IT role in their Manchester office. They need someone to provide hands-on maintenance and administration support of Civic Engineers physical network infrastructure across the London, Manchester and Leeds Studio’s.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Nov 2017
14 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Key elements of the job:
- Organise implementation of new equipment from relevant suppliers.
- Provide a great service to all studio’s and be prepared to help at all levels of IT requirements.
- Liaise as necessary with relevant IT and communication service suppliers.
- To continually liaise with the IT Manager on the systems requirements of the company.
- To continually liaise with the Studios’ to ensure new systems are working effectively and efficiently, troubleshooting and make improvements where necessary.
- To take an active involvement with any new systems introduced at Civic Engineers.
- To maintain good and clear communication between all studio’s.
- Setup of new users and their appropriate system needs (e.g. domain, time management system, Office 365, purchasing of new computers & software).
- Patching cabinets, phone systems and other hardware in all three studios’.
- To take up ad hoc tasks when required in line with the needs of the business.
Requirements and prospects
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- Microsoft Active Directory and windows server is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Desktop operating systems and configuration/setup
- Must understand basic networking
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and find answers
- Very confident in Microsoft office products
- Ability to communicate well – both written and verbal.
- Able to travel to Leeds and Manchester
- Eager to help and understand how to prioritise
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Customer focused
- Proactive and flexible
- Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Team Orientated
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
- 5 GCSE's at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths), and would love to work in IT.
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Faye Brown 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017