This is a full time kitchen position, which will enable a wide range of cooking skills to be developed and offer progression within the business for the right candidate.
THE LOFT BELPER LTD
Closing date: 27 Feb 2017
40 hours (flexible shifts from below) Closed Sunday & Monday Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays – 11am – 2:30 & 4:30 – 10pm Thursdays & Saturdays - 8am earliest start (3 shift options)
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Mar 2017
13 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main Responsibilities and duties for the role:
- Maintaining safe and hygienic working area
- Working effectively in a team
- Maintaining Food safety when storing / preparing and cooking food
This will include production of:
- Rice, Pulse and grain dishes
- Basic Cakes, Sponges and Scones
- Vegetable dishes
- Poultry dishes
- Food suitable for customers with allergies
- Present menu items according to a defined brand standard
This position will also require:
- Completion of kitchen documentation
- Presenting yourself professionally to customers
In order to be successful within the role, the chosen candidate must be self-motivated with the potential of progressing onto an advanced apprenticeship.
The chosen candidate must also have good written and verbal communication skills, show enthusiasm and work well both within in a team or using own initiative.
The candidate will be provided with excellent training opportunities and a structured career development whilst working for a successful, well established organisation.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisation skills
- Good communication, includes listening skills for instructions
- Committed and Creative
- Customer service focused
- Open Kitchen – smart appearance / friendly
- Approachable & polite
- Enthusiastic about food
- Eye for detail
- High energy
No previous qualifications are required as all training will be provided.
However previous work experience in food production is valued highly and the opportunity would suit someone with previous work experience and maturity.
Future employment opportunities may become available for the right person.
Things to consider
• Due to the nature of the business some weekend work will be expected. • Restaurant has very busy periods when you will be on your feet and under pressure a lot • You will be expected to go out and talk to the public
About the employer
The Loft restaurant provides enjoyment through fine food and friendly service in a comfortable environment. With over 16 years’ experience, Craig and his team are passionate about providing high quality produce and delivering exceptional standards of service.
- Diploma in Food Production and Cooking L2
- Functional skills in maths and English L1
- Employment rights and responsibilities and personal learning and thinking skills.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2017