Administration Apprentice. Shipley Transport
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Shipley Transport undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
09 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter.
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Support to members of the Management Team.
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post.
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required.
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy.
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate.
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
Things to consider
About the employer
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
- There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017