Telecoms Apprenticeship Pinewood Group
Our Technology Department are looking for a pro-active individual to take on the role of Telecoms Apprentice. Under the supervision of Pinewood’s experienced Telecoms Manager the Telecoms Apprentice will observe, learn and carry out work and assisting the Telecoms Manager with running all three studios on a day to day basis.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
09 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Our Technology Department are looking for a pro-active individual to take on the role of Telecoms Apprentice.
Under the supervision of Pinewood's experienced Telecoms Manager, the Telecoms Apprentice will observe, learn and carry out work such as:
- Assisting the Telecoms Manager with running all three studios on a day to day basis
- Helping to install copper and optical networks, including their termination
- Getting to grips with structured cabling
The purpose of the role is to work under the supervision of Pinewoods experienced Telecoms Manager; observing, learning and carrying out work.
The candidate will be expected to complete a Telecoms/Networking Apprenticeship.
- Assist the Telecoms Manager with day to day running of all three studios
- Learning about analogue, TDM and IP telephony
- Learning about complex IP networks and its protocols
- Learning about large scale optical fibre and copper networks to include fault finding
- Assist in the installation of copper and optical networks plus their termination
- Learning about structured cabling
- Learning about Dslams and DSL
- Learning about CCTV, access control and alarm systems
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management
- Observe the studio regulations at all times
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Computer literate with basic networking skills
- Able to use own initiative and willing to learn
- Customer service driven
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently, either alone or as part of a team
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and confidence skills
- Credible and comfortable in dealing with customers & tenants
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Health and Safety aware
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements. Occasional weekend working may be required.
Requirements and prospects
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Basic networking skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails.
We would like someone who has an aptitude for technology.
- Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator.
- Responsible attitude
- Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player
- Eager to learn
GCSE Maths and English Grades A*- C or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 3 IT Web and Telecom Specialist
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
EAST BERKSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Berkshire College
Suki Bhogal email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017