Beauty Therapy Apprentice – Level 3 Perfect Nails & Beauty
Perfect Nails and Beauty is a well-established nail and beauty salon based in Haslingden. They are looking to recruit a Level 3 Beauty Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
08 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Perfect Nails and Beauty is a well-established Nail and Beauty salon based in Haslingden.
- They have a high standard of professionalism and customer service and are looking to recruit a L3 Beauty Apprentice to join their team.
- The successful candidate will be expected to display a high of professionalism and work well under pressure.
- You must possess excellent communication skills as dealing with the public is ongoing.
- The job role will include meeting and greeting clients, making and serving drinks, reception duties and cleaning duties.
- The Therapists will expect you to work closely alongside them, observing, assisting and carrying out Level 3 beauty treatments and training. Standard beauty therapist duties include shaping eyebrows and colouring eyelashes, giving a manicure, pedicure or other nail treatment like extensions and nail art and removing unwanted facial and body hair.
- Training will be given on a weekly basis in the work place; this may follow the college programme. Monthly or weekly meetings/appraisals may be given.
Requirements and prospects
- The employer would like to see self-motivation and a willingness to learn.
- Time keeping.
- NVQ Level 2 in Beauty.
- GCSE's in Maths and English A* – C or equivalent preferred, however functional skills can be gained in college if these cannot be produced.
Things to consider
About the employer
Perfect Nails & Beauty
- All aspects of N.V.Q Level 3 Beauty will be trained both at college (one day per week) and in salon.
- Functional skills if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Work based learning team 01254 292593 WBL-HAB@blackburn.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017